For the academic year 2022/23, RMIT University is accepting applications for a PhD Scholarship in 3D Printing of Mg Alloys for Biomedical Applications in Australia.
Because of their capacity to dissolve into human fluids following bone regeneration, magnesium alloys are becoming more popular as next-generation biomaterials.
Magnesium implants, on the other hand, are difficult to make using traditional manufacturing processes such as casting owing to the intricate architecture of bones.
The viability of employing additive manufacturing (AM) to make magnesium alloys for biomedical purposes will be investigated in this research.
Worth of Award
The winning candidate will be paid up to $31,000 per year for three years, with the option of a six-month extension (full-time).
PhD Scholarship Requirements
To be considered for this scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be an Australian citizen, a permanent resident of Australia, or an ONSHORE foreign student who meets the English language criteria.
- Have a Master’s degree in research or a Master’s degree in coursework. This must be accompanied by a strong research component with a high distinction or comparable grade, or a Bachelor Honours degree with first class Honours. Similarly, studies in engineering, science, or another comparable discipline must have been completed.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication abilities.
- Demonstrate your capacity to collaborate with a multidisciplinary research team.
How to Apply for PhD Scholarship
Students who wish to apply should submit the following documents to Dr. Hua Qian Ang Vivian at [email protected]
- cover letter briefly outlining your interest in the project
- digital copy of your latest academic transcripts
- CV including any education, marks/grades, relevant professional experience, publications (if any), awards (if any), and names of referees.
Deadline: Applications for the PhD Scholarship in 3D Printing of Mg Alloys will close once a candidate is appointed.
Click Here for more Details
Recommended for You: