PhD Scholarship on the Value of Financial Advice at Copenhagen Business School (CBS) is open for applications for the 2021/2022 academic year.
The Center for Corporate Governance (CCG) is a virtual platform for the promotion of corporate governance knowledge, bringing together scholars from various departments and organizations both within and outside Copenhagen Business School. CCG is made up of economists, accountants, lawyers, and government officials, as well as businesspeople, auditors, and government officials. Research initiatives, workshops, conferences, doctorate education, and seminars are all organized by us.
This position will be part of the “Nordic Finance and the Good Society” research program.
The Department is responsible for undergraduate and graduate instruction in corporate governance, finance, and accounting-related topics.
Examples of research areas a scholarship might cover:
- The value of financial advice seen from a consumer perspective when dealing with investment decisions
- Financial literacy or the lack of it and the impact on investment behaviour
Worth of Award:
- The scholarships are fully salaried positions, according to the national Danish collective agreement.
- The monthly salary is currently approximately DKK 27,871 depending on seniority and a pension contribution totalling 17.1%.
- The scholarship includes tuition fees, office space, course and travel costs (according to the current CBS agreement).
- The salary level and employment take place in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Academics’ Central Organization.
PhD Scholarship on the Value of Financial Advice Requirements
- Have a master’s level education (equivalent to the 3 + 2 Bologna method).
- Have obtained a mark of 10 (or equivalent) on the Danish 7-point grading system for their master’s thesis.
- Have a total weighted grade point average of at least 8.2 on the Danish 7-point grading system, or a weighted grade point average of at least 9.5 for the master’s degree alone.
- Before beginning the PhD program at CBS, you must have finished your master’s degree.
- Master academic English writing and speaking at a high level.
Application Procedures for PhD Scholarship on the Value of Financial Advice
The application is available online and requires a five-page project description. The project description should contain the following:
- A presentation of a new research question.
- An explanation of the theoretical foundation and procedure used to develop it.
- An overview of the suggested empirical data.
- A three-year strategy of action.
In addition to the project description, copies of the following must be included:
- Diploma for bachelor’s and master’s degree or other certificates at an equivalent level as well as the grade transcripts.
- A concise curriculum vitae (CV).
- A list of articles and publications (if applicable).
- One example of a selected written work (e.g. master’s thesis).
- Documentation of English language skills.
Deadline: June 30, 2022.
Visit the official website for more information.
Recommended for you