In the academic session 2022/23, Copenhagen Business School is accepting applications for a PhD Scholarship in Green Transition and Sustainability.
The main goal is to improve our knowledge of how the green transition works and how it provides new circumstances for policymaking, corporate practices, and/or civil society participation.
The empirical emphasis might vary from national and transnational dynamics in the Global North (such as the European Green Deal) to development challenges in the Global South related to green transition.
For example, research can address the specific challenges and knowledge gaps that many SMEs face when transitioning to sustainable practices; government and public policy initiatives; and the impact of the green transition on specific private, public, and civil society actors, including their strategies.
Green transitions are being studied as a socio-political phenomenon featuring conflicts, tensions, and/or contradictory relationships between environmental, social, and economic interests.
Worth of Scholarship
- According to the national Danish collective agreement, the three-year scholarships are fully paid employment.
- The scholarship covers school expenses, office space, travel subsidies, and a monthly income ranging from approx. DKK 27.871 to DKK 33.659 depending on seniority, as well as a 17.1% pension contribution.The appointment and compensation shall be determined in line with an agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Central Academic Organization.
- The Ph.D. candidate will attend CBS’ Ph.D. School.
Requirements for the PhD Scholarship in Green Transition and Sustainability
The candidate must meet the following criteria in order to be considered.
- hold a master’s degree in basic education (equivalent to the 3 + 2 Bologna process)
- have obtained a mark of 10 (or equivalent) on the Danish 7-point grading system for their master’s thesis
- have a combined weighted grade point average of at least 8.2 on the Danish 7-point grading system, or a weighted grade point average of at least 9.5 for the master’s degree alone
- have a bachelor’s degree in social sciences and have completed a master’s degree before beginning the Ph.D. program at CBS
- master academic English writing and speaking at a high level.
How to Apply for the PhD Scholarship in Green Transition and Sustainability
A five-page project description must be included in the application. The following items must be included in the project description:
- a presentation of a unique research problem
- an explanation of the theoretical framework and procedure that was used in the beginning
- a presentation of the empirical data that will be used
- a three-year strategy of action
Copies of the following documents must be submitted in addition to the project description:
- diplomas for bachelor’s and master’s degrees, as well as other similar certifications and grade transcripts
- a curriculum vitae that is succinct (CV)
- a list of publications and articles (if applicable)
- one example of a chosen piece of writing (e.g., a master’s thesis)
- English language skills documents
Deadline for application: March 15, 2022.
For additional information and to apply, go here.
Recommended for You