PhD scholarship in Financial Compliance at CBS in Denmark will be awarded to outstanding students for the academic year 2022.
Copenhagen Business School is accepting applications for a PhD scholarship on the topic of Compliance/Financial Compliance for the academic year 2022/2023.
CBS LAW is a premier school for legal studies in Northern Europe, with one of the most vibrant academic settings in the field.
The major goal of CBS LAW is to criticize and improve current legal institutions. In this way, our study focuses on these structures, their setup, how they work, how they impact society, and what mechanisms drive their change. CBS LAW also hopes to have an impact on regulation through conducting high-quality legal and transdisciplinary research, engaging in policy efforts, and setting the framework for future improvements.
The Department’s teaching duties include undergraduate and graduate classes.
CBS LAW is a component of the Department of Management, Politics, and Philosophy (MPP).
The intricacy of a continually changing risk picture has put the static approach to law to the test. The way corporations and the government manage risk is one of the most recent social shifts. A conventional understanding of the law is static, but a contemporary perspective sees it as a dynamic entity. The presence of risk in all business and societal activities – finance, healthcare, and the data-based economy, to name a few – makes the legal baseline fluid and transformative, putting the question of risk-based regulation, as well as risk-based compliance, at the forefront of business and academic interest.
Compliance, Risk Management, and Legal Governance are all terms for a collection of techniques and tools that organizations use to accept, implement, and oversee a systems approach to risk-related business issues. Law & Management is a developing scholarly subject in an academic context, as well as a corporate strategy that considers management’s proactive use of law to cope with risk scenarios. The process by which an organization polices its own behaviour to ensure that it complies with regulations is known as compliance. Governance, on the other hand, refers to the procedures that an organization uses to make risk and compliance choices. The proposed PhD is based on a new subject called The Law of Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance, which investigates how rules that guarantee businesses are governed efficiently are created.
Examples of research areas that a scholarship might cover:
- Financial Compliance
- Risk Management
- Legal Governance
Worth of Award:
- The scholarships are fully salaried positions, according to the national Danish collective agreement.
- The monthly salary is currently approximately DKK 27,871 depending on seniority and a pension contribution totalling 17.1%.
- The scholarship includes tuition fees, office space, course and travel costs (according to the current CBS agreement).
- The salary level and employment take place in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Academics’ Central Organization.
PhD scholarship in Financial Compliance Eligibility
- Have a master’s level education (equivalent to the 3 + 2 Bologna method).
- Have obtained a mark of 10 (or equivalent) on the Danish 7-point grading system for their master’s thesis.
- Have a total weighted grade point average of at least 8.2 on the Danish 7-point grading system, or a weighted grade point average of at least 9.5 for the master’s degree alone. Documentation of being in the top 40% of the class is also acceptable if the grade point average is not fulfilled.
- Before beginning the PhD program at CBS, you must have finished your master’s degree.
- Master academic English writing and speaking at a high level.
How to Apply for PhD scholarship in Financial Compliance
The application is available online and requires a five-page project description. The project description should contain the following:
- Presentation of a new research question.
- An explanation of the theoretical foundation and procedure used to develop it.
- An overview of the suggested empirical data.
- A three-year strategy of action.
In addition to the project description, copies of the following must be included:
- Diploma for bachelor’s and master’s degree or other certificates at an equivalent level as well as the grade transcripts.
- Documentation for being in the top 40% of the class (if grade requirements are not met).
- A concise curriculum vitae (CV).
- A list of articles and publications (if applicable).
- One example of a selected written work (e.g. master’s thesis).
Deadline: June 19, 2022.
Visit the official website for more information.
Recommended for you