PhD Scholarship in Economics and Statistics at the University of Milano-Bicocca in Italy 2022 is now accepting applications from eligible candidates.
The Department of Economics, Management, and Statistics (DEMS) at the University of Milano-Bicocca is now accepting applications for its Ph.D. Program in Economics and Statistics (ECOSTAT) for the academic year 2022/2023.
The new Ph.D. in Economics and Statistics (ECOSTAT) was created to provide the most effective response to the major challenges that doctoral programs in economics and statistics face today in both Italy and Europe, namely: i) high faculty qualification in terms of teaching abilities and publication records; ii) ability to attract high-quality students; iii) interdisciplinarity; iv) internationalization; v) relationships with industry.
ECOSTAT relies on the successful experiences of the Ph.D. in Economics DEFAP-Bicocca and the Ph.D. in Statistics and Mathematical Finance, both of which were active until the present academic year at the University of Milan-Bicocca (UniMiB).
ECOSTAT continues the fruitful collaboration between economists and statisticians from UniMiB’s Department of Economics, Management and Statistics (DEMS) and Department of Statistics and Quantitative Methods, which began twenty years ago with the BSc in Statistics and Economics, followed by the MSc in Statistics and Economics, and is now continuing with the MSc in Data Science.
Worth of Award:
- They offer at least eight fellowships (for a period of four years) to the highest-ranked applicants. Each fellowship pays a grant of a minimum of € 16.200 (gross income) per year.
- The monthly allowance can be increased up to 50% for their Ph.D. students visiting academic or scientific institutions abroad.
- The number of scholarships may increase if sponsorships on specific research projects become available.
- There will also be allowances (research funds) for short-period mobility (from the second year).
- Without regard to citizenship, anybody with the following educational credentials is eligible to apply:
a postgraduate degree (second cycle).
- Degree earned before Ministerial Decree No. 509/1999 (old system degree).
- master’s degree awarded by institutions in the AFAM (advanced artistic and musical education) sector.
- A foreign degree, as long as it is equal to the Italian degree necessary for entrance to the programme in terms of duration of the study, level, and subject area. The board of examiners assesses the acceptability of foreign credentials. If the applicant’s degree is found to be ineligible, he or she will be disqualified from the competition.
- Students who have not yet completed their degree may apply for admission as long as they complete it before October 31, 2022. Accepted students who do not satisfy this condition may forfeit their admission rights.
- Candidates who have not yet received their degree must e-mail the date and grade of their degree to the Doctoral School Sector at the address below.
- If they are Italian or EU nationals, they must provide a statement in place of certification to [email protected] before November 2022.
- Candidates are regarded to have not yet achieved their degree if they have never received any of the academic degrees listed in points 1-4. Candidates who have previously earned one of these degrees and are now pursuing a second degree are called graduates.
- Applicants who are already enrolled in the same Ph.D. program at this university are not eligible.
How to Apply: The application for the PhD Scholarship in Economics and Statistics is online, please follow the registration link on the official website.
Deadline: Applications close May 20, 2022.
Visit the official website for more information.
Recommended for you