PhD Scholarship in Digital Transformations and the Law at Copenhagen Business School (CBS), Denmark is currently accepting applications from eligible students.
Copenhagen Business School (CBS) in Denmark is accepting applications for a PhD scholarship in the topic of Digital Transformations and the Law for the 2022/2023 academic year.
Digital transformation, understood broadly as the integration of digital technology into business, brings with it the challenge of the understanding the relationship between regulation and digital business model and strategies. The project should, therefore, aim to provide understanding on how digital business models are regulated and second, how strategy is affected by such models of regulation.
Examples of research areas that a scholarship might cover:
- Platform business models and law
- Legal innovation and law
- Blokchain and law
- Surveillance and surveillance capitalism
- Competition law and the digital world
- Telecommunications law
- Free speech regulation
- AI and Robotics
- Regulation and deregulation of digital power concentrations
Worth of Award:
- Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organization.
- The scholarships are fully salaried positions, according to the national Danish collective agreement.
- The monthly salary is currently approximately DKK 27,871 up to DKK 33,659 depending on seniority and a pension contribution totalling 17.1%.
PhD Scholarship in Digital Transformations and the Law Requirements
Applicants with strong university marks will be given precedence by the department.
- Possess a master’s degree in law (equivalent to the Bologna procedure of 3 + 2).
- Have obtained a mark of 10 (or equivalent) on the Danish 7-point grading system for their master’s thesis.
- Have a total weighted grade point average of at least 8.2 on the Danish 7-point grading system, or a weighted grade point average of at least 9.5 for the master’s degree alone. Documentation of being in the top 40% of the class is also acceptable if the grade point average is not fulfilled.
- Before beginning the PhD program at CBS, you must have finished your master’s degree.
- Master academic English writing and speaking at a high level.
How to Apply for PhD Scholarship in Digital Transformations and the Law
The electronic recruiting system must be used to submit the application.
A five-page project description must be included in the application. The project description should contain the following:
- An innovative research question is presented.
- An explanation of the theoretical foundation and procedure used to develop it.
- An overview of the suggested empirical data.
- A three-year strategy of action.
In addition to the project description, copies of the following must be included:
- Diploma for bachelor’s and master’s degree or other certificates at an equivalent level as well as the grade transcripts.
- A concise curriculum vitae (CV).
- A list of articles and publications (if applicable).
- One example of a selected written work (e.g. master’s thesis).
Deadline: Application closes on June 19, 2022.
Visit the official website for more information.
Recommended for you