PhD Scholarship in Criminology for International Students at Ghent University is now accepting applications from qualified candidates.
For the academic year 2022/23, Ghent University is accepting applications for its PhD Scholarship in Criminology for International Students in Belgium.
Ghent Institution is a high-ranked university that was established in 1817 and now ranks among the top 100 universities in the world, making it one of Belgium’s main universities. Our 11 faculties provide over 200 courses and do extensive research in a variety of scientific fields. It’s no surprise, therefore, that Ghent University Global Campus is the first European university in Songdo, South Korea.
Worth of Award:
- Will be investigating the rights of individuals in the context of secondary uses of health data for research purposes. This is in view of the applicable regulatory frameworks.
- Should identify and assess the relevant provisions inapplicable regulatory frameworks in the EU.
That is including the GDPR, the upcoming Data Governance Act and the European Health Data Space, which can strengthen the rights of the individuals when their data are being processed for research purposes. This legal analysis should be based on the relevant theoretical framework on the principles of transparency, fairness and lawfulness in processing health data.
PhD Scholarship in Criminology Requirements
- Possess a master’s degree in law or a related field.
- Have a strong analytical mindset and a love for research.
- Be willing to learn multidisciplinary approaches in health privacy research and keep up with bioethics, health and data privacy legislation, and health informatics literature.
- Having a strong track record (research outcomes, publications, and/or awards).
- Be able to work alone and on their own initiative while simultaneously working as part of a team.
- Have excellent organizing skills and the ability to fulfil deadlines.
- Have good written and oral English communication abilities.
- Have prior training, research, or professional experience in EU data protection and/or health legislation This will be beneficial in this role.
How to Apply for PhD Scholarship in Criminology
As an applicant, you need to submit the following documents by email to Prof. Mahsa Shabani ( [email protected]):
- A Motivation letter.
- Your CV.
- A writing sample (publication, research essay, master thesis).
- Copies of your diplomas.
Note: All required documents should be merged into 1 single pdf file.
Deadline: The applications window for the PhD Scholarship in Criminology closes May 31, 2022, at 00:00.
Visit the official website for more information.
Recommended for you