In the academic year 2022/23, the University of Southern Denmark (SDU) in Odense seeks applications for a PhD position in Applied Mathematics.
A full-time PhD job in stochastic differential equations is available at the University of Southern Denmark’s Department of Mathematics and Computer Science.
The PhD project’s focus will be on numerical analysis of stochastic differential equations, which will include geometric numerical integration and the development of statistical estimation algorithms.
Worth of Award
- The PhD Research Fellow position is for three years. At the conclusion of the time, employment is automatically terminated.
- The selected candidate will be engaged in line with the Ministry of Finance and AC’s agreement on paid PhD researchers (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations).
- According to faculty norms and the Danish Ministerial Order on the PhD Program at Universities, the successful applicant will be enrolled at the institution (PhD order).
PhD Position in Applied Mathematics Requirement
- has a Master of Science in Applied Mathematics,
- has demonstrated experience in the disciplines of stochastic differential equations theory or numerical solution, as well as a fundamental understanding of differential geometry and advanced statistics
- With a track record in high-performance computing,
- possesses good English writing and speaking abilities, as well as the capacity to work independently.
How to Apply for PhD Position in Applied Mathematics
An application must be submitted in the form of a Declaration of Interest, which must include the following information:
- A research proposal/description of your approach to the subject you’re working on (max one page excluding references)
- A letter (max. two pages) expressing your particular interest, motivation, and qualifications for the project (please include this beneath the box “Application form”)
- Detailed curriculum vitae (CV) with personal contact information
- Copies of diplomas, including bachelor’s and master’s degrees, as well as transcripts of notes and grades
- At least two signed letters of recommendation If your references want to submit their letters directly to you, have them email them to [email protected] with your name and the position title in the subject line.
Deadline: Applications must be submitted online no later than March 21, 2022.
Click Here for More Details
Recommended for You: