The Pan Africa Youth Leadership Program (PAYLP) 2022 is now accepting applications. PAYLP is a four-week virtual exchange for high school students and adult mentors.
Civic education, community service, entrepreneurship, and youth leadership development are the main program themes. Participants will interact directly with U.S. host communities via a virtual platform to participate in leadership and civic education workshops, visit U.S. community organizations, learn about project planning and development, and participate in cultural and community-building activities.
Two days a week, the program will bring participants together virtually for live synchronous sessions. Between synchronous sessions, participants will complete asynchronous content and activities on their own. There is help with internet access and the devices needed to participate in the program.
Pan Africa Youth Leadership Program | Eligibility Criteria
- You must be a Namibian citizen or legal resident (applicants with dual U.S. citizenship will not be considered)
- On the start date of the exchange, you must be between the ages of 15 and 18;
- Be able to communicate in English;
- Demonstrate strong academic achievement, a desire to participate in community service and volunteer activities, leadership potential, effective communication, and a positive attitude.
- Collaborate in a group setting and value other people’s perspectives; and
- To participate in the program, you must have permission from your parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
Adult Mentor Applicants:
- Be a Namibian citizen or legal resident (applicants with dual citizenship in the United States are not eligible for PAYLP);
- Be teachers, trainers, or community leaders who work with youth and have a demonstrated interest in helping them become productive and responsible members of society.
- Have proficiency in English.
- Exhibit a high level of open-mindedness, flexibility, and interpersonal skills, as well as positive leadership and service.
- Collaborate in a group setting and be open to other people’s ideas;
- Willing to serve as both a mentor and a participant in the exchange; and
- Commit to providing ongoing mentoring to the youth participants in order to facilitate follow-up activities.
How to Apply for the Pan Africa Youth Leadership Program
Download the student application form.
Download the application form for mentors
Email completed applications to Mr George M Beukes at [email protected] by 5 April 2022 (latest by 11 April 2022).
For more information, visit PAYLP.
Recommended for You