The Orange Social Venture Prize 2022 is now accepting applications from African and Middle Eastern innovators. The OSVP is a way to speed up start-ups that have a good influence on the community.
Technological innovation is an obvious accelerator for development, but it can only realize its full potential if it is backed by a strong, successful business model that addresses current and future social and environmental demands.
Orange’s Social Venture Prize, in addition to stimulating innovation, recognizes the good entrepreneurial spirit of innovative start-ups. This International Grand Prix competition has attracted start-ups from 17 African and Middle Eastern nations since 2011. It seeks for, rewards, and promotes business models that have a beneficial social and environmental effect.
The International Women’s Prize was established in 2020 to support sustainable, responsible, and inclusive development by recognizing business projects headed by women entrepreneurs or with the main goal of improving women’s lives.
Awards International Grand Prix
- 1st prize: €25,000
- 2nd prize: €15,000
- 3rd prize: €10,000
- International Women’s Prize
The OSVP International Grand Prix’s ten finalists, as well as the winner of the International Women’s Prize, will get 6 to 9 months of company development assistance.
Requirements for the Orange Social Venture Prize | Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Present a NICT-based social entrepreneurship initiative (New Information and Communication Technologies)
- At least one of the 17 nations must be represented in the proposal presented by the contenders.
A prototype or demonstration of the company concept is ideal.
Phases of the Competition
Between June and September, the first phase will take place: each application will be evaluated according to the regulations of the national contests, and up to three winners will be chosen in each country. After then, the international phase will commence. From the national winners, an assessment group of Orange workers will pre-select ten finalists.
These finalists will be judged by a grand jury of key members of the African tech community in October, with the three overall winners of the International Grand Prix being chosen. The winner of the International Women’s Prize will be chosen by this panel from five finalists chosen by an assessment committee comprised of Orange’s diversity and inclusion teams.
How to Apply for the Orange Social Venture Prize
To help your application run more smoothly, compile all of your supporting materials ahead of time (such as your logo or presentation) and write three supporting statements:
Define the problem you wish to solve (max. 200 characters)
Describe your proposed solution (max. 200 characters)
Create a pitch presentation (max. 1,500 characters)
To apply, go to this link.
Deadline: May 22, 2022
See the competition regulations and visit OSVP for more information.
Recommended for You
- Google Developer Student Clubs Solution Challenge 2022 ($3,000 cash prize)
- Call for Nominations: Equator Prize 2022 (up to $10,000)
- Kendeka Prize for African Literature in Kenya (win KShs.100,000)
- Earth Island Institute Brower Youth Awards 2022 ($3,000 prize)
- MCN Millennium Oceans Prize for youth activist ($5,000 prize) 2022
- Energy Globe Award 2022 (€2,000 prize)
- Tällberg-SNF-Eliasson Global Leadership Prize 2022 (up to $150,000)
- Wiki Loves Africa 2022 – Home and Habitat ($2,000 prize)
- UNESCO-Russia Mendeleev International Prize in the Basic Sciences 2022 (Up to $250,000)
- ICRW Paula Kantor Award for Excellence in Field Research 2022 ($2,500 prize)