The Novo Nordisk Foundation Ascending Investigator Grants 2022 are now accepting applications.
The Novo Nordisk Foundation aspires to make major contributions to society and the environment’s long-term viability.
The Ascending Investigator award encourages the continuous growth and consolidation of great research leaders in the Nordic nations in the fields of industrial biotechnology and environmental biotechnology.
Major issues in industrial biotechnology or environmental biotechnology should be addressed in the proposed study.
To increase sustainability and deliver high-impact solutions on a big scale, a clear and strategic approach is required.
The proposed research must have a clear biotechnology component, and the research projects should ideally include one or more of the following topics:
- For the synthesis and manufacturing of useful goods, biological/biotechnological techniques, systems, or microorganisms are used or engineered (e.g. energy, fuels, chemicals, proteins, and materials).
- Bioproduction methods and procedures are being developed.
- Improvements in biomanufacturing efficiency and/or long-term viability.
- Biological/biotechnological instruments, systems, or microorganisms are used or engineered to preserve or enhance the environment.
- In connection to the use of biotechnology, understanding, preservation, or modification of natural or industrial ecosystems is important.
- To enhance research in industrial or environmental biotechnology, as well as associated ecosystems study, data science is being used.
Novo Nordisk Foundation Ascending Investigator Grants value
Grants can help with research projects that cost up to DKK 10 million over a five-year period.
Novo Nordisk Foundation Ascending Investigator Grants Eligibility
The Ascending Investigator grant is open to faculty and researchers in Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden who are associate professors or have similar qualifications (e.g. senior assistant professor or senior researcher).
They can apply for the grant if they have an independent research program at a university or other non-profit research institution in these countries.
How to Apply for Novo Nordisk Foundation Ascending Investigator Grants
It’s important to note that proposals that deal with plant science, agriculture, and food biotechnology should go to the Novo Nordisk Foundation Committee on Plant Science, Agriculture, and Food Biotechnology when possible.
However, if you want to make a proposal about drugs and therapeutics, you should go to the Novo Nordisk Foundation’s Committee on Bioscience and Basic Biomedicine.
In the “Information and guidelines for applicants,” there are instructions for how to fill out and submit an application through the online system.
Additional important information about eligibility, funding and the application process can be found in this pdf.
You can click on to apply
If you want to learn more, go to the Novo Nordisk Foundation.
Deadline: January 11, 2022
Recomended for you