The NOUN Admission Portal www.nou.edu.ng
NOUN aspires to be the leading university in the world, delivering highly accessible and improved quality education based on social justice, fairness, equality, and national cohesion via a global reach that cuts beyond all borders.
NOUN Admissions Portal Overview
On July 22, 1983, the National Open University was founded as a springboard for open and online learning in Nigeria.
On April 25, 1984, the government suspended it.
The previous President of Nigeria, Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo, began resuscitation efforts on April 12, 2001.
At the start of the university, there were 32,400 students enrolled.
- How to Pay School Fees on NOUN Portal
- NOUN Student Portal Login
- National Open University of Nigerian Objectives
- Requirements for Admission into NOUN
- How to Apply for Admission on NOUN Portal
- NOUN Masters Degree Programmes
As it stands now, the National Open University of Nigeria has established itself as a top ODL institution in Africa, delivering functional, flexible, accessible, and cost-effective education to those who seek knowledge.
It now has 78 Study Centres dispersed throughout the country’s six geopolitical zones.
There are now around 500 thousand students enrolled in the university. The university is dedicated to helping students achieve their full potential.
Read on for updates from the NOUN student application site, which operates a multi-campus system.
Things To Do at NOUN Student Admission Portal Login
As a freshly accepted student to the school, there are a few things you may accomplish via the NOUN student admission portal:
Those things are as follows;
- Upload Recent Picture to your Portal
- Pay Semester school fees to register noun courses and examinations registration.
- Print your student I.D card
- See New Matriculation Date
- Download Noun Course Materials
- Review NOUN TMA Timetable
- Download Exam Timetable
How to Pay School Fees on NOUN Portal
To make payment f school fees on the NOUN school portal, you are to follow these simple steps;
- Log in to the school portal and choose “Make Payment” from the drop-down menu.
- Pay with Remita by clicking the button.
- When the Remita button appears, enter the amount to be paid.
- Select Generate Remita Payment Reference from the drop-down menu (RRR). The RRR should be written down and then logged out.
- You may pay using the produced RRR through online banking, or you can go to any commercial bank and pay using the Remita platform.
- In less than 20 minutes, your student’s e-wallet will be credited.
Nigerian National Open University Objectives
Some of the key aims of the National Open University of Nigeria, in addition to the general vision and mission declarations, are to:
- Ensure equity and equality of opportunities in education generally but specifically in university education;
- Provide the entrenchment of a global learning culture;
- Provide wider access to education generally but specifically university education in Nigeria;
- Enhance Education For All and life-long learning;
- Provide instructional resources via an intensive use of information and communication technology;
- Provide flexible, but qualitative education; and
- Reduce the cost, inconveniences, and hassles of easy access to education and its delivery.
NOUN Academic Programmes
The senate board of the National Open University of Nigeria has recently issued and announced the sale of Application Forms for admission into the following programs:
- Post Graduate Diploma,
- Masters Degree,
- Doctor of Philosophy
Admissions Requirements for NOUN
Candidates seeking admission to NOUN’s different programs must meet the following necessary entrance requirements:
Certificates of Completion
- a) Proficiency Certificate Programmes
- It is not essential to have any prior experience or qualifications. It will be advantageous to be able to read and write.
- Note that without the essential fundamental requirements, candidates for Proficiency Certificates will not be eligible to progress to Certificates / Diploma programs.
- b) University (Academic) Certificate Programmes
- Junior Secondary School Certificate.
- Minimum of two credits in SSCE/GCE ‘O’ Level, NECO, NABTEB, and at least two sittings.
- T.C II with a minimum of two merits in no more than two sittings.
- Mature applicants aged 30 and above with at least 10 years of relevant work experience or proof of previous knowledge/proficiency in a relevant discipline may be evaluated on merit.
- Standard Islamiyyah School I’dadiyah Certificate
How to Apply for Admission on NOUN Portal
- Visit the site nou.edu.ng
- On the Home Page, go to the Menu Bar, Click on Apply for Admission
- Select either the Undergraduate Programme or Postgraduate Programme. Another programme is not available at the moment
- Goto “Choose Faculty” (note it can be found at the left-hand side of the screen)
- Select Faculty
- Fill displayed form
- Click below to view admission criteria
- Click “Apply” to proceed.
- Take note of the UNIQUE ID displayed
- Click the ‘Continue’ button
- Select Bank Branch as payment type
- Click “Pay”
- Copy and take your RRR number to any bank branch for payment.
- Perform steps 1 to 3
- Go to “Continue After Payment”
- Input Unique ID, RRR number, and Programme
- Click “Proceed”
- Fill Form.
Note: all fields marked with a red star are compulsory.
After filling form
- Click “Submit”
- Print Admission Letter
NOUN PG Diploma Programmes
- Candidates for admission must have either Bachelor Degree Certificates or equivalent from NOUN Senate-approved schools; or
- Holders of an HND with a minimum of Lower Credit from a NOUN Senate-approved institution.
- Candidates for admission to the School of Law must have earned at least an L.L.B degree.
- A Bachelor’s degree with at least a 3rd class division is necessary for entrance to the PGD Agricultural Extension and Management program.
- Candidates with bachelor’s degrees and at least three years of relevant experience may be considered.
- Holders of an HND in agricultural science or a similar field may be eligible for admission.
- Bachelor’s degrees in fundamental science, biological/earth sciences, and agricultural sciences from NOUN-accredited universities are highly regarded.
- Candidates for the PGD HIV/AIDS Education and Management program must have an HND or an excellent first degree in a comparable area of study.
- 5 credits in English, Mathematics, a scientific topic, and two additional subjects are also required.
NOUN Masters Degree Programmes
- A first degree in a relevant area of study with a least of Second Class Lower from a university recognized by the Senate of NOUN.
- A postgraduate diploma in a comparable discipline from a Senate-approved university may be accepted as well.
- An excellent honors degree in Education (Arts, Languages, Sciences, Social Sciences, Vocational, and Technical courses) from a university recognized by the NOUN Senate.
- Admission to the M.Sc. HIV/AIDS Management program requires a PGD in HIV/AIDS education and management, as well as 5 credits in English and Mathematics, a scientific topic, and two additional disciplines.
Do you think this NOUN Admission Portal www.nou.edu.ng 2022 information will be useful to you?
Because this material is not available to everyone, and if you find it valuable.
What’s preventing you from sharing it with your friends who are in need of the same information