Norton Writers Prize for Undergraduates is currently accepting applications from eligible candidates for the year 2022.
The Norton Writer’s Prize honours students who produce exceptional creative nonfiction. Students aged 17 and above who are enrolled in an approved 2- or 4-year institution or university during the 2021–2022 academic year are eligible to enter.
In 2022, for coursework completed throughout the academic year, one cash prize will be granted in each of the three categories:
- Writing by a first-year student in a 2- or 4-year college or university.
- Writing by a student in a 2-year college or university.
- Writing by a student in a 4-year college or university.
Prizes: Three cash prizes of $1,000 apiece will be awarded in 2022 for coursework submitted during the academic year.
Norton Writers Prize Eligibility
- Individuals aged 17 and above who are enrolled in an approved 2- or 4-year institution or university during the academic year 2021-2022 are eligible to apply.
- Employees of W. W. Norton & Company, Inc. (“Sponsor”), including its member businesses, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, and agents, as well as their immediate family and household members, are not eligible to participate or win.
- Previous Contest winners and runners-up are not eligible to enter. All federal, state and municipal laws are in effect. Where restricted, this offer is void.
How to Apply for Norton Writers Prize
A nomination from an instructor at the entrant’s undergraduate university is required, and it must include all of the following:
- One (1) copy of a double-spaced student essay, between 1,000 and 3,000 words in length, without any identifying student information;
- Instructor’s short summary of the essay’s merits, typed on departmental stationery, on a single sheet that also includes the instructor’s name, email address, phone number, and title;
- A completed Information Form, setting forth the student’s name, email address, phone number, and projected year of graduation; the instructor’s name, email address, phone number, and title; the title of the essay; the name of the course for which the essay was written; and a signed statement confirming that the essay represents the student’s original work.
Submissions must be sent by email addressed to the Sponsor at [email protected] and received by the Sponsor during the Entry Period.
Deadline: June 15, 2022
Visit the official website for more information and see the official rules.
Recommended for you