For the 2022/23 academic year, Poets in Nigeria (PIN) is accepting submissions for the Nigerian Students Poetry Prize (NSPP) for Nigerian Undergraduate Poets.
The Nigerian Students Poetry Prize (NSPP) is a Poets in Nigeria (PIN) program aimed at fostering literary innovation and critical thinking among Nigerian students.
The award has attracted over 3500 submissions from students from over 100 academic institutions since its establishment in 2016 at the University of Ibadan (including universities, polytechnics, colleges of education, schools of nursing, and seminary schools).
Aside from a monetary prize of $500,000, outstanding participants will get a certificate of distinction and a free copy of the NSPP anthology including their work.
1st Place – $200,000 1st Place – $200,000 1st Place – $200,000 1
Second Prize: $150,000
75,000 dollars for 3rd place.
25,000 each for the 4th, 5th, and 6th best participants as a consolation prize
Requirements for the Nigerian Students Poetry Prize
- All Nigerian undergraduates studying in Nigeria and the diaspora are eligible to apply.
- Entrants must be graduates of an accredited tertiary institution.
How to Apply for the Nigerian Students Poetry Prize
- Submissions should be submitted at nspp.poetsinnigeria.org.ng, following the guidelines carefully.
- Entrants are free to write on whatever subject they like as long as it is current.
- Entrants must give their works unique titles.
- Underneath your work, indicate the theme you’ve chosen.
- Poems must be the entrants’ original intellectual property.
- A single submission with a maximum of 30 lines is allowed for each participant.
- Entries must have never been published before. If a submission is found to have violated this rule, it will be immediately canceled.
- All contestants must buy at least one of the six NSPP anthologies available for purchase on the submission page.
- The judges’ ruling will not be overturned under any circumstances.
- When you enter the contest, you automatically grant PIN permission to use your entry as they see fit.
- All entries must be written in the English language. Footnotes must be used to translate native terms into English.
- For regular updates, entrants can visit www.poetsinnigeria.org.ng.
Deadline for submission: March 7th, 2022.
Click here for more details and to apply.
Recommended for You