The Media Development Investment Fund (MDIF) is accepting proposals for the Nigeria Media Innovation Program (NAMIP) in 2022, which will take place in the United States.
Independent media in Nigeria, like in most of the developing world, is beset by unsustainable business models and reliance on grants, while viewers are deprived of a diverse range of trustworthy news and information sources. Many media are unable to establish new income sources and grow audiences that are critical for their future without the ability and financial means to experiment and innovate with business models and new goods. Covid-19 has exacerbated the issue and exacerbated the media’s problems.
NAMIP, which is funded by the MacArthur Foundation, aims to solve these issues by assisting the media in increasing revenues, experimenting with new business models, and instilling financial discipline. It will also assist participating media in forming a strong network of cooperation and partnership.
Worth of Award
- The winners will get up to $50,000 in funding for their initiative, as well as mentoring and training.
- They’ll also become part of NAMIP’s supporting network of like-minded organizations and its three-year innovation and capacity-building program.
Nigeria Media Innovation Program 2022 | Eligibility Criteria
The Innovation Challenge is looking for proposals from media companies working on new news and information products that:
- Examine how digital platforms and technology may help you reach and engage with a wider audience; or
- Is it more important to develop fresh revenue-generating possibilities or to create long-term business models?
NAMIP is looking for:
- Existing independent media firms, non-profits, and start-up initiatives are all eligible.
- enterprises and organizations with an aim to experiment with novel methods for local news and information.
- Applicants with backgrounds outside of conventional journalism and media, notably in the fields of technology, design, and business.
How to Apply for the Nigeria Media Innovation Program 2022
By clicking here, you can go to the application form.
Deadline: The Nigeria Media Innovation Program is currently accepting applications.
For more information and to apply, go here.
Recommended for You