The Netflix Creative Equity Scholarship Fund (CESF) is currently accepting applications for the academic year 2022/2023 sessions.
The CESF aims to facilitate the formal qualification and training of ambitious creatives from the SADC area by providing financial help in the form of full scholarships at partner higher educational institutions (HEI) in South Africa.
Netflix, the world’s leading streaming entertainment service, has pledged $1 million to a Creative Equity Scholarship Fund (CESF) in Sub-Saharan Africa, which will help African creatives gain access to high-quality tertiary education in film and television-related disciplines at prestigious academic programs and institutions.
This is part of Netflix’s continuous efforts to invest in Africa’s creative industries and to provide more varied and fresh voices the opportunity to tell African stories.
The scholarship will cover tuition, housing, study materials, and living expenses at schools where recipients have been accepted to pursue a program of study in the television and film disciplines.
Netflix Creative Equity Scholarship Requirements
Postgraduate students seeking a one-year qualification in 2022; or final year undergraduate students finishing their degree in 2022.
Students interested in attending one of the following HEIs should contact them directly.
- AACA Film and Acting School
- Boston Media House
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- City Varsity
- Durban University of Technology
- Tshwane University of Technology
- University of Cape Town
- University of Johannesburg
- University of KwaZulu-Natal
- University of Pretoria
- University of the Witwatersrand
- Students from the SADC area who aspire to study in South Africa and who are able to secure the required approvals.
- Students from the following countries will be eligible: Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Eswatini, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Students having a cumulative grade point average of at least 60%
- Undergraduate studies must have been completed between 2019 and 2021 for students seeking for a one-year postgraduate programme.
- Students who may show financial need who have been unable to get enough financial assistance from other sources (e.g. National Student Financial Aid Scheme)
Application for Netflix Creative Equity Scholarship
To Apply, Click Here
For More Information: Visit this Page
Deadline: February 4, 2022
Recommended for You: