Monash Institution encourages students from all nations to apply for the Monash International Merit Scholarship in 2022 if they have been offered a place at the university or are presently enrolled.
The Sir John Monash Scholarship Program is a prestigious set of awards meant to recognize and reward excellence. They are unapologetic in their pursuit of attracting the finest students to their University, understanding that only by doing so will they be able to maintain their position as a regional leader in teaching, research, and graduate excellence.
Worth of Scholarship
- $10,000 for a full-time study load (48 credit points) paid year until you finish the required number of points for your degree.
- Recipients may be requested to participate in or be featured in marketing, recruiting, and promotional materials and/or events related to Monash University.
Requirements for the Monash International Merit Scholarship
- You must be an International student
- You must plan to study full-time at a Monash campus in Australia for an undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework) degree.
- You must have received a Monash offer if you are a new student.
- You must have completed at least two semesters in Australia if you are a current student.
- Students currently enrolled in the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (Honours) or Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (MD) programs must have completed at least three semesters.
- Note that you are unable to apply for this scholarship if you are in Year 12 in Australia. The Monash International Scholarship for Excellence may be available to you.
- Are you starting a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (Honours) or a Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine degree program? (MD). To apply as a current student, you must finish three semesters.
Based on academic performance.
- Current students must have a minimum weighted average of 85 in order to be considered.
- Students will be evaluated on their scholarship application statement (500 words) as well as their potential to be a Monash University ambassador.
- Students who are just starting out will be given priority.
To keep this scholarship, you must:
- Each semester, you must maintain a distinction average (70 percent or more).
- At least three marketing and/or scholarship promotional actions, such as attending official scholarship functions and engaging in marketing activities and networking events, will be expected of you.
How to Apply for the Monash International Merit Scholarship
For this scholarship, you must fill out a separate application (due dates below).
You must have obtained a full Monash course offer with no restrictions before applying for this scholarship.
Can only be postponed within the same calendar year.
Please do not include any supporting documents with your application; they will be ignored.
For Semester 2 of the current year, the deadline is June 30.
For more information and to apply, go here.
Recommended for You