The Mitacs Elevate Fellowship Award for Professionals is currently accepting applications for the class of 2022.
In Canada, Mitacs is a research and training institution that was founded to develop and offer research and training programs to the public.
Individuals who are interested in applying for the fellowship program are invited to do so.
Mitacs was established as a Canadian Network of Centres of Excellence committed to advancing applied and industry research in the mathematical sciences and related fields. Mitacs was established as a network of centers of excellence in Canada.
Mitacs has increased its research assistance in response to the requirements of industry and universities while remaining true to its basic purpose of fostering research-based innovation and entrepreneurship.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Mitacs
Fellowship to be taken in Canada
Fellowship Worth: See Fellowship Benefits
Fellowship Duration: Not Stated
Available Slots: Not specified
Mitacs Elevate Fellowship Award Requirements
Applicants must ensure that they satisfy the following requirements in order to be considered for the fellowship:
- To be considered, applicants must be enthusiastic about doing research in accordance with the basic ideals of Mitacs.
- University-based research initiatives and university-industry collaborations must be the focus of the research.
- Applicants must have outstanding intellectual and leadership talents, as well as a track record of doing effective research in their respective fields.
- Research must be publishable in a peer-reviewed journal or at a conference in order to be considered.
- The research project should be suitable for the intern or fellow’s level of experience.
- $55,000 minimum annual stipend/salary
- Training curriculum valued at $7,500 per year.
- Submission assistance, including application feedback.
- Certificate of completion after receipt of exit survey and final report submission
Application for Mitacs Elevate Fellowship Award
Applicants for the Mitacs Elevate Fellowship Award for Professionals must send all needed documentation as separate documents (ZIP files are suggested) by email to [email protected] before the application deadline, which is December 1, 2018.
- Please visit the official application website to obtain and complete the application form. Thank you.
- Documentation includes a memorandum signed by all stakeholders, including the necessary university research office, and supplied as a PDF scan
- Curriculum Vitae of the applicant
- CV of the proposed academic supervisor
- Three letters of support, each on letterhead and with the signature of the author are required:
- One (1) letter of support from the intended academic supervisor** must be submitted.
- At least one (1) letter of support from a previous supervisor or other individual who is acquainted with the fellow’s research expertise** is required.
- At least one (1) letter of support from an approved partner organization, which should indicate the dollar amount of the financial contribution
- Any further documentation that may be required
Application Deadline: January 19, 2022
Click Here for More Details
Recommended for You: