For the academic year 2022/2023, MINDS provides the MINDS Masters Scholarship 2022 to Africans pursuing post-graduate studies in Africa outside of their home countries.
The MINDS Scholarship 2022 Program intends to cultivate leaders with a continental development perspective, leaders who will promote greater integration and collaboration across African nations, via targeted leadership development activities.
Full-time studies for a one- or two-year Honors or Master’s degree at one of the MINDS recommended universities are eligible for MINDS Scholarships (listed below).
The course to be studied is not prescribed by MINDS.
Worth of Award for MINDS Masters Scholarship
The Scholarship will cover some or all of the expenses below, depending on whether a partial or full scholarship is awarded:
- Accommodation and meals
- One return ticket per duration of studies
- A fixed stipend.
MINDS Masters Scholarship Requirements
Following a thorough screening procedure, MINDS Scholarships 2022 are granted to deserving candidates. To be eligible for a MINDS Scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be an African citizen who resides in any African country.
- Have received official acceptance from one or more MINDS approved institution/s outside of your place of citizenship and/or residence
- Have received official acceptance from one or more MINDS approved institutions to continue postgraduate studies in the next year
- In the past two years of study, you must have received at least 70% in each subject/course.
- Produce proof of proven leadership talents or potential, as directed by the application form’s questions and criteria.
- Complete the online application form (see below) and attach any relevant supporting documents.
Preferred Institutions: To be eligible to receive a MINDS Scholarship, an applicant must have been accepted to study at one of the following institutions:
List of Preferred Institutions
To be eligible to receive a MINDS Scholarship, an applicant must have been accepted to study at one of the following institutions:
- African Leadership University, Rwanda
- Carnegie Mellon University in Rwanda, Rwanda
- Makerere University, Uganda
- Strathmore University, Kenya
- African Leadership University, Mauritius
- University of Cape Town, South Africa
- University of Mauritius, Mauritius
- University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
- Al Akhawayn University, Morocco
- Université Cadi Ayyad, Morocco
- Université Mohammed V, Morocco
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology, Ghana
- Pan-Atlantic University (Lagos Business School), Nigeria
- University of Development Studies, Ghana
How to Apply for MINDS Masters Scholarship
Individuals who are interested in applying should do so as soon as they acquire formal admission from a MINDS-recommended institution where they desire to study.
In the order in which they are received, applications will be processed.
If you match the requirements listed above, please submit your application using the link below.
Please scan, save, and prepare the following documents for upload.
All papers must be in PDF format to be submitted. Each attachment should not be larger than 2MB.
- A copy of your passport’s data/bio page.
- The past two years of academic transcripts/results slips must be validated.
- A copy of the university’s official acceptance letter. The letter must include the following information:
- Address the letter to the applicant.
- Indicate the degree the candidate has been approved to pursue.
- Indicate the academic year in which your degree will begin.
- Indicate how long the course will last (e.g. one year).
- Proof of application OR a copy of a valid study permit or visa. (Optional)
- A comprehensive CV/Resume of no more than four (4) single-sided pages is required.
- Two reference letters (no more than three pages each) addressing the applicant’s shown integrity, ability and/or potential as a leader, and dedication to the African continent’s development.
Applying for a MINDS Scholarship? They offer some guidance
- Make sure you’ve met all of the criteria and that you’ve uploaded all of the necessary papers. Applications that do not match the standards or do not include the needed paperwork are automatically dismissed. Do not exclude yourself because you are in a rush to submit an application. Rather, before submitting an application, make sure you satisfy all of the standards and have all of the necessary documentation.
- Individuals with a Pan-African perspective, great leadership potential, and a track record of academic distinction are sought. These aspects must be shown persuasively in your submission.
- They advise candidates to think about institutions outside of South Africa. The majority of applications submitted so far have been for South African universities, and each university may only get a restricted number of awards. This implies that the rivalry for South African institutions is more intense.
- South African nationals who want to study in another African country may apply for one of two scholarships.
- Scholarships have been made aside for studies in Actuarial Sciences, Business Sciences, and Accounting. Do not lose out on the option to do such studies at any of the South African, Kenyan, or Nigerian universities on their favored list. Before submitting an application, double-check that you satisfy all of the conditions.
Deadline: applications are open. Apply early as applications are processed in the order they are received.
Click Here for More Details
Recommended for You: