The Microsoft Africa Research Institute (MARI) PhD Internship 2022 is now accepting applications.
A PhD intern is needed for a 6-month qualitative research study at MARI in Nairobi, Kenya.
The MARI is a one-of-a-kind research center that brings together fundamental research, product innovation, engineering, and design to develop future technologies.
Their objective is to learn about, develop, and implement cutting-edge cloud and AI technologies that not only target key possibilities in Africa and help solve local problems at scale, but also contribute to a more productive future of work, health, and society worldwide.
Microsoft offers a fostering atmosphere for researchers and engineers that are enthusiastic about AI technology advancement. They’re looking for those that thrive at both deep thought and fast-paced entrepreneurial execution.
The best applicants will be able to collaborate with Microsoft researchers and product team members to advance research objectives, as well as work as part of a team in a collaborative and supportive atmosphere.
Work on a project that is connected to one of MARI’s main topics, such as sustainability, recommender systems, or AI fairness.
Healthcare that is at the forefront of the industry
Giving back to the community
Networking and connection opportunities
Product and service discounts
Requirements for the Microsoft Africa Research Institute PhD Internship
- The applicant must be pursuing a PhD in computer science at the time of application.
- Contributing to research communities and/or initiatives, such as presenting papers (as an author) at conferences such as CHI and CSCW.
- Should be able to take initiative while both adhering to a study plan and working effectively in a group.
- Excellent communication and critical thinking abilities.
- Relevant employment experience, such as in the business or as a lab researcher
- Record of Publication
- The ability to plan and carry out a research program
How to Apply
They’re looking for those that have excellent research skills and technological expertise. Applicants should show that they have a thorough understanding of how to organize, conduct, and publish a research project.
To apply, go to this link.
Deadline for application: Unspecified
Visit MARI PhD Internship for more details.
Recommended for You