The Michael Jacobs Travel Chronicle Scholarship 2022 is now accepting applications.
The Michael Jacobs Foundation for Travel Writing, a non-profit organization founded by Michael’s wife and brother to commemorate his memory and encourage travel writing in Spain and Latin America, is providing the award.
Following Michael Jacobs’ death in 2014, the Gabo Foundation and the Hay Festival Cartagena de Indias, as part of a decade-long partnership, took the initiative to establish the Michael Jacobs Chronicle Grant traveler as a memorial to the English writer.
The prize, now in its ninth year and designed to encourage travel diaries, will offer $7,500 for a book project or travel piece set in Latin America or Spain and to be published in Spanish or English.
- As an incentive, the winner will get $7,500 to help fund the research and writing of their article or book. The sum comprises both the beneficiary’s and the convening institutions’ taxes. The scholarship will be split into two parts: one-third ($ 2,500) when the winner is declared, and the other two-thirds ($ 5,000) when the project is finished and given to the publisher for publication.
- The winner will be asked to serve on the jury for the next Michael Jacobs Scholarship for Traveling Chronicles.
- If the winner wishes, they will be provided with a courtesy package from the Manolo el Sereno Association (MAELSE) in collaboration with the Inquietarte Foundation, both of which are located in Frailes, including lodging and a month’s stay in the town, though flights, food, and personal expenses are not included.
Michael Jacobs Travel Chronicle Scholarship Requirements
- Any journalist or writer from any country is eligible to apply;
- In Spanish or English, the work must concern travel journalism in Latin America or Spain.
Application for Michael Jacobs Travel Chronicle Scholarship
The following are the application requirements:
- An autobiography (in Spanish or English) of up to 800 words detailing your experience as a travel journalist and why you are applying for the scholarship. Resumes and traditional curriculum will not be considered.
- A complete presentation of the project (essay or book) that includes the following information: project description, work timetable, and trip itinerary. It is required that the article or book be written in either Spanish or English. Although the award tries to improve an ongoing project, the project does not have to be completed; nonetheless, the author must provide at least a portion of the work in order for the jury to assess the author’s storytelling potential.
- A text written by the author and published in print or on the internet. At the time of application, the applicant must have at least one article or book published.
Only online registrations completed via the registration form will be valid until 11:59 p.m. on Friday, January 7, 2022. (Colombian time).
Michael Jacobs Travel Chronicle Scholarship Deadline
To Apply, Click Here
For More Information: Visit this Page
Deadline: January 7, 2022
Recommended for You: