To apply for the MediaFutures Support Program 2022
Are you a data-driven company or an artist in the media field?
Are you ready to make data discovery both enjoyable and educational?
Do you have concerns about the influence of data and technology on people and society?
The MediaFutures Support Program is searching for artists and companies that want to transform the media value chain by using data and user-generated content in novel, inclusive and participatory ways.
The subject of misinformation and deception is addressed in the second Open Call.
Using techniques and tools from the arts, technology, and innovation, MediaFutures aspires to foster creative, unorthodox ways for people to connect with journalism, science, and democracy.
This year’s challenge calls for unique, creative, and meaningful concepts that combat internet misinformation and disinformation in a variety of fields.
These concepts should aid in counteracting the harmful impacts of misinformation and disinformation in society, as well as helping to foster confidence in scientific and democratic institutions.
This might include creating software or technology to handle particular difficulties, creating artwork to emphasize different parts of them or a mix of the two.
They are especially interested in proposals that provide novel ways to incorporate minorities or nations that are disproportionately impacted.
Details on how these goals will be reached throughout the six-month MediaFutures assistance program, as well as the effect they will have on the problem they address, must be included in applications.
Benefits of MediaFutures Support Program
- Startups may get up to €80,000 in equity-free investment.
- Artists may get up to €40,000 in funding.
- Assistance with technical, legal, and advising matters
- Resources for data and computing
- Peer learning and networking
- Through EU events and communities, marketing and promotion are carried out.
MediaFutures Support Program Requirements
Startups and Artistic Companies
SME status will be granted if the company complies with Commission Recommendation 2003/361/EC and the SME user guide.
In summary, the following requirements describe an SME:
- Annual Work Unit (AWU) headcount less than 250 and
- Annual turnover must be less than €50 million, and the annual balance sheet total must be less than €43 million.
Group of Individuals
In the absence of a constituted SME, the applicants could be a group of two to four individuals legally established in an eligible country (as defined in section 5.2 of the Guidelines for Applicants) and with a written commitment to have established a legally registered SME if the “BUILD” phase is reached.
A physical person, a group of persons, or a corporation whose primary activity is creative in nature, whether as professionals or students.
The artist must have created a sufficient number of works for the judges to assess their creative abilities.
A combination of an artist and a startup is required for the SmA track.
The MediaFutures team will conduct a matching process between artists and companies to assist in the formation of collaborations if applicants do not already have one.
- Business (for startups)
- Implementation and artistic quality (for artists)
Application for MediaFutures Support Program
- Read all of the materials in the Application KIT, paying particular attention to the Applicants’ Guidelines.
- Choose the track to which you want to apply and navigate to the appropriate submission portal.
- Begin submitting your application.
- Make sure you answer all of the questions and submit all of the necessary documents:
- If you’re applying to the Artists for Media or Startup Meets Artist courses, provide a brief proposal.
- The video was taken by an amateur
- Additional creative content
Click Here for More Details
Deadline: January 27, 2022
Recommended for You: