The MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship Program 2022 is currently accepting applications.
The Fellowship Program’s goal is to empower young people by providing them with the knowledge and tools they need to develop and execute vision plans in the areas of education, health, and economic stability.
The Community Needs Assessment is a one-month community needs assessment that trains young people between the ages of 18 and 26 from across the globe to better understand their local communities as part of MCW Global’s Young Leaders Fellowship.
Young Leaders engage in a one-month intensive Virtual Program after the community needs assessment to help them become leaders of good change in their communities.
Participants spend ten months after Virtual Learning completing their action plans with the help of alumni mentors.
Community Needs Assessment: The Young Leaders Fellowship starts with an intense community mapping project and community needs assessment, during which Young Leaders will be given the skills and information they need to examine their own community.
This phase is done before beginning Virtual Learning since it will provide the young leaders a better grasp of their community’s requirements.
Participants come to the Young Leaders Fellowship: with a concept for a community problem they wish to solve, they developed virtual learning. The process of translating enthusiasm into a specific, actionable strategy for change is known as vision planning.
Participants will be able to place their local challenges into a bigger global perspective and learn why they are in a unique position to make a difference in their community via online sessions with speakers, discussions, e-modules, and assignments.
Participants will also figure out which tools and skills may be used to create a workable strategy.
Alumni Mentorship & Ongoing Support: To help Young Leaders build and implement their actionable plans, they are matched with alumni mentors who will assist them through the Virtual Program. Alumni mentors assist participants throughout the year by hosting quarterly “hangouts” and continued remote contact.
Prior to the commencement of the program, alumni mentors get personalized training to foster team building and cultural competence among the varied group of Young Leaders.
- To make the program accessible to all participants, the Young Leaders Fellowship is offered at no cost.
- During the community needs assessment phase, virtual learning, and the remainder of the program between September 2022 and July 1, 2023, MCW Global will additionally pay the costs of program tools, e-modules, speakers, and other program expenditures.
Requirements for the MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship
Young leaders must be able to:
- Demonstrate dedication to the community;
- Determine a community initiative in the areas of education, health, or economic security;
- At the commencement of the program (July 1, 2022), you must be between the ages of 18 and 26.
Be able to communicate in writing and spoken English;
- Over the summer, complete the Community Needs Assessment, participate in the one-month Virtual Learning program, and plan to implement their community project the following year.
- For the length of the year-long program, have access to email and the internet to enable for regular connection with the MCW Global Team and Young Leaders Program alumni-mentor;
- Follow the graduation standards for the Young Leaders Access Program (to be provided upon acceptance to the program).
How to Apply for the MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship
The following items are included in the application:
- Information in general
- Essay Questions
- Identify a community problem that you are concerned about. What would you do if you were in this situation?
- Describe an instance when you were presented with a problem and utilized a leadership skill to solve it.
- Your resume should not exceed one page in length. It should be typed in Times New Roman, 12 point font, with 1-inch margins.
- Two recommendation letters
- Your letters should come from persons who are familiar with your work ethic and community involvement. Letters of reference from friends and family members are discouraged.
- At the start of the letter, recommenders should indicate their name, job, contact information, and connection to the candidate.
- Waiver of Liability
Please read the terms and conditions at the conclusion of the application.
To apply, go to this link.
Deadline for application: March 13, 2022
Visit MCW Global for additional details.
Recommended for You