The MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Programme at the University of Edinburgh is now accepting applications for the academic year 2021/22.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program believes that all young people, regardless of their starting station in life, should have an equal opportunity to get a good education and pursue their goals of improving the lives of others.
As a result, students will get extensive assistance in order to eliminate obstacles to studying in Edinburgh, as well as extracurricular possibilities.
Summer schools and internships are examples of this.
The Scholars Program strives to develop each student’s strengths and talents so that when they return, they can make a difference in their home nations and communities.
Earning an online master’s degree is a great option to get a degree that is equal to on-campus education while still being able to work flexibly and live at home.
The University of Edinburgh’s online master’s degrees is entirely equal to on-campus master’s degrees.
The scholarship program will provide postgraduate online scholarships to African students with strong academic and leadership potential but limited educational possibilities.
The scholarship will cover the entire cost of tuition as well as a modest study stipend to ensure that students have access to high-speed internet.
It will cover three years of part-time online education.
Scholars will engage in activities as part of the University of Edinburgh’s Scholars Program, including regular online workshops with our scholars, online coaching and support, and the possibility to visit regional scholar-led workshops and events, in addition to financial assistance.
Requirements for MasterCard Foundation Scholarship | Eligibility
Applicants must meet certain criteria in order to be considered for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program.
- should not have earned a bachelor’s degree prior to application
- must have a track of community involvement and leadership, as well
- are able to demonstrate that they lack the financial resources to pursue higher education in their native country or abroad, and must meet academic requirements for admission to a suitable degree program at the University of Edinburgh.
- They must have earned the equivalent of a UK Second Class (Upper) Bachelors (Hons) degree
- should be familiar with online degrees and be able to illustrate how they will tackle the specific obstacles and possibilities that online, part-time learning presents.
- nationals of an African country (excluding Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, and Tunisia) whose personal circumstances make accepting an online education offer from the institution impossible.
- Malawi, Ethiopia, Mauritius, Rwanda, Tanzania, Zambia, and Zimbabwe have all submitted applications.
How to Apply for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
If you are solely interested in applying for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh, please apply for the Scholarship exclusively.
Please apply directly for the degree program of your choice if you are simultaneously applying for additional scholarships at the University of Edinburgh.
Deadline for application: March 15, 2022, at 16:00 (GMT).
Visit the website for more details on how to apply
Recommended for You