Marvel Masters Fellowships for Female Students in Switzerland 2022 aim to empower excellent female students to conduct their Master’s thesis research in a laboratory.
For the academic year 2022/23, the National Centres of Competence in Research (NCCR) in Switzerland is accepting applications for MARVEL Master’s Fellowships.
Marvel Masters Fellowships aim to empower excellent female students to conduct their Master’s thesis research in a laboratory belonging to the NCCR MARVEL on “Computational Design and Discovery of Novel Materials”.
In a field of science where women are still strongly underrepresented, even at the student level, the INSPIRE Potentials – MARVEL Master’s Fellowships aim to empower excellent female students to conduct their Master’s thesis research in a laboratory belonging to the NCCR MARVEL on “Computational Design and Discovery of Novel Materials”. This initiative seeks to increase the number of women researchers in the field of simulation science, as represented by the different laboratories involved. A parallel initiative is available through the NCCR QSIT on “Quantum Science and Technology”.
Worth of Award:
- CHF 12’000 (split into 6 monthly payments). For travel and other additional expenditures, external awardees (from outside of Switzerland or with a host laboratory other than their home institution) get in addition CHF 500.
- The NCCR MARVEL covers tuition fees as well as medical insurance for extra-European students, who are not covered by their own country’s insurance.
- Supervision in a stimulating research environment.
- Social and networking events with students and researchers from the NCCR.
Note that the awardee is responsible for paying for their own lodging and other costs. It is not feasible to combine this fellowship with major scholarships. Candidates must report any scholarships they will receive throughout their master’s program, and their eligibility will be assessed on an individual basis.
Eligibility: Dedicated to female Master’s students who are preparing to begin their research for their Master’s degree.
- Exhibit exceptional enthusiasm and aptitude to perform their study in a MARVEL main investigator’s laboratory.
- Fulfill the host university’s student enrollment criteria.
How to Apply: Applications are to be submitted by email to [email protected]
All documents and diplomas should preferably be in English.
- Résumé (Curriculum vitae)
- Motivation letter, including a list of up to a max of 3 preferred host laboratories
- One or two recommendation letters, mention ranking among peers. These letters should be sent separately by the recommender(s) to [email protected]
- Copy of your University degree(s) / transcripts from all grades
Deadline: applications close October 15, 2022.
Visit the official website for more information.
Recommended for you