The Marilyn Stafford FotoReportage Award 2022 is now accepting applications.
The Award, which is sponsored by Nikon and facilitated by FotoDocument, is given annually to a professional woman photographer who is working on a compelling and cohesive documentary photo essay that addresses a significant social, environmental, economic, or cultural issue on a local or global scale.
In keeping with Marilyn Stafford’s desires and FotoDocument’s goals, the work should provide positive answers to whatever challenges it highlights. The award is only given to documentary photographers who are working on initiatives that aim to make the world a better place but are under-reported or unreported.
- The Marilyn Stafford FotoReportage Award of £2,000 will be given to one overall winner to help them finish their project.
- The finished product will be shown on FotoDocument’s website and promoted through social media. They will make every effort to garner worldwide media attention, but no assurances can be made.
- One photograph from each shortlisted application will be featured on FotoDocument’s website and promoted on social media.
Marilyn Stafford FotoReportage Award 2022 | Eligibility Criteria
- Women documentary photographers, including those who identify as female, are eligible for this award.
- Emerging, mid-career, and veteran photographers are encouraged to submit.
- Photographers must be 18 years old or older, with no higher age limit.
- Students pursuing a master’s degree in photography will be considered.
- Photographers may work from anywhere on the planet.
- Applicants who have previously submitted may resubmit with the same proposal or a new project if it has significantly evolved.
- Photographers must have had the proper model release authorization before taking their shots.
- Applicants must have a current bank account in their home country.
The following four criteria will be used to evaluate photographers:
- their track record of completing at least one additional documentary photography project;
- the quality of the ongoing project for which they are seeking finance;
- how the project addresses the concerns it highlights in terms of solutions;
- their reason for submitting an entry for this FotoAward
How to Apply for the Marilyn Stafford FotoReportage Award 2022
Photographers will be expected to submit the work in progress for which they are seeking financing, as well as one additional finished photo essay on any subject that displays their ability to express a clear and cohesive visual narrative, together with a completed application form.
- Completed application form
- A minimum of 10 Jpeg pictures of the current photo essay for which they are seeking money (about 2MB per and 150 dpi), as well as a project description and captions.
- A minimum of fifteen Jpeg pictures (about 2MB each and 150 dpi) from a previously completed photo essay chronicling a single subject, as well as the project description and captions.
The following are the two picture essays that must be submitted:
- Please give a link where stated on the application form OR through We Transfer – please supply a URL where indicated on the application form.
- You must supply a URL address for a specific body of work rather than a general website.
Jpeg files sent to organizers must be saved with your name (first name surname 01.jpeg, for example) and all embedded IPTC information, including copyright, caption, date, and location. In addition, if directed to a specific URL, captions must be clearly displayed on any slideshow or clearly cross-referenced on an accompanying word document attached with the application form.
By 5 p.m. (GMT) on Friday, May 20, 2022, all contributions should be forwarded to [email protected]. By 5 p.m. (GMT) on Wednesday, May 25, 2022, applicants will get confirmation that their application has been received. Applicants should contact the organizers if they have not received confirmation by this date.
To obtain a copy of the application form, please click here.
Deadline: May 20, 2022
Visit FotoReportage Award for more details.
Recommended for You