For the academic year 2022/23, the University of Sussex is accepting applications for Mandela Scholarships for International Students in the United Kingdom.
The Mandela Scholarship was founded in 1973 to oppose apartheid’s injustices and to increase awareness of Nelson Mandela’s fight for liberation. “The value of education transcends beyond the acquisition of skills we need for economic success,” Mandela wrote to the Scholarship Fund after his release from prison in 1990. It has the potential to assist in nation-building and healing.” Applicants must demonstrate how they will embrace Mandela’s principles and use their postgraduate degree to contribute positively to their community and home country.
Worth of Scholarship
- Fees are waived in full, and there is a £12,000 maintenance allowance.
Mandela Masters Scholarship | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for this scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- have been offered a full-time, eligible Masters degree commencing in September 2022 at Sussex University.
- be a citizen of South Africa
- possess an excellent undergraduate degree from an African university, the equivalent of an Upper Second class degree in the United Kingdom
- Candidates with work experience who regard a Masters at Sussex as a springboard for future professional advancement may be given preference. Applicants who do not already have the equivalent of a UK Master’s degree will be given preference.
How to Apply for the Mandela Masters Scholarship
- When you have accepted an offer of a seat on an eligible Master’s program at Sussex, you can apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants must submit a written statement outlining their history, objectives, future plans, and leadership potential in order to be considered for the award.
Deadline for submissions: May 9, 2022.
For more information and to apply, go here.
Recommended for You