The Machel-Mandela Fellowship Programme, named after former South African President Nelson Mandela and his wife Graca Machel, is looking for young graduates to apply for an internship at the Brenthurst Foundation.
The Machel-Mandela Fellowship program aspires to be Africa’s most distinguished internship program. It assists the Brenthurst Foundation in focusing on Africa’s expanding youth population and nurturing the continent’s future leaders.
For a minimum of six months, the Fellowship will be offered full-time. The chosen candidate will be anticipated to start in May 2022.
The Fellow could be from South Africa or anywhere in the world. They will be based in Parktown, Johannesburg, at the Brenthurst Foundation’s headquarters.
Fellows will collaborate with Foundation personnel on a variety of initiatives and activities, some of which will require international travel.
The Fellow will be responsible for a variety of activities, including drafting a discussion paper on an economic development topic, assisting with event hosting, and helping with office chores.
- An all-inclusive stipend per month and accommodation, if required (subject to Foundation policy) will be provided.
- Other work–related expenses may also be covered subject to agreement with the Foundation.
Requirements Machel-Mandela Fellowship Programme:
- Under 30 years of age
- A Masters level degree
- Excellent spoken and written English. African and other languages would be an asset.
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic and reliable, a self-starter who requires minimal oversight and management
- Able to balance deadlines and attention to detail
- Fluency in all basic IT skills
- Copy-editing and proof-reading skills an asset
- A passion for Africa and a keen interest in new thinking and strategies to strengthen Africa’seconomic performance.
- Broad knowledhttps://www.thebrenthurstfoundation.org/news/the-machel-mandela-fellowship-programme/ge of African politics and economics
- Familiarity with the work of the Brenthurst Foundation
Application Deadline: February 28th, 2022
Visit the official website of the Machel-Mandela Fellowship Programme
Recommeded for You