The LitUp Writing Fellowship 2022 is currently accepting applications.
This is a writer’s fellowship for unpublished women who are underrepresented in the literary world.
LitUp is dedicated to discovering, mentoring, and championing first-time writers so that a wider range of books may be seen, heard, and read.
LitUp will present five new authors with an all-expenses-paid retreat, a three-month mentoring with a published author, and marketing help from Reese’s Book Club, thanks to the sponsorship of The Readership. LitUp is a journey, and they’ll be there to help you along the way.
The LitUp Roadmap
Hone Your Craft at their Writer’s Retreat: Selected fellows will attend an all-expenses-paid writer’s retreat to work on their manuscripts and learn about the publishing industry.
Get Mentored and Build a Support Network: Fellows are paired with a published author for a three-month mentoring after the retreat to help them get their book ready for market.
Become a member of the Reese’s Book Club: They’ll be there for you every step of the journey, including a first-look window with top agents and a promise from them and their partners to promote your book.
LitUp Writing Fellowship | Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Whether they are cisgender, transgender, nonbinary, genderqueer, or bigender, they identify as a woman.
- LGBTQIA, Native Americans, people of color, persons with disabilities, and ethnic, cultural, and religious minorities are among those who identify as varied.
- At the time of application, you must be at least 18 years old.
- Have US citizenship, permanent residence, or work visa/sponsorship and dwell in one of the 50 United States.
- You will not be represented by an agent.
- As an author, you should be unpublished. This encompasses both commercial and self-publishing in the United States and internationally. For the purposes of this fellowship, a candidate who has a book contract for an unpublished work is deemed published. Essays, short tales, and articles do not disqualify an application.
- If chosen, be available to engage in all elements of LitUp as directed by Reese’s Book Club.
How to Apply for the LitUp Writing Fellowship
- Each candidate must supply the following documents:
An original adult or young adult literature work that is finished and written in English and has a woman as the protagonist. They accept genre fiction but not nonfiction, picture books, middle grade, dramas, screenplays, or co-authored submissions at this time. Plagiarism and copyright violations will not be tolerated.
All papers must be typed in 12-point Times New Roman font with 1-inch margins, double-spaced. Please make sure to number your pages.
There should be no mention of your name in the document or file name.
- An overview of your work in 500 words or fewer
- Within the application, responses answer a series of short essay questions
To apply, go to this link.
Deadline: May 31, 2022
Visit LitUp Writing Fellowship for more details.
Recommended for You