The LEAP Africa Youth Leadership Program 2021 is now accepting applications.
The YLP is a four-month leadership program aimed at equipping and empowering young Nigerian undergraduates with the skills, knowledge, and resources needed to become transformational leaders and engaged citizens who will promote sustainable development in their communities.
In Nigeria, there is a pressing need to purposefully boost young commitment and awaken Nigeria’s dwindling civic spaces.
To unleash productivity and creativity, and hence reduce poverty and insecurity in the nation, it is vital to begin investing in young people.
RELATED: International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) Communications Internship 2021
Recognizing this need, LEAP Africa is relaunching one of its hallmark initiatives, the Youth Leadership Program, in collaboration with BudgIT Foundation and MacArthur Foundation.
Since its start in 2004, the YLP has directly affected the lives of 2,650 young people, who have in turn influenced the lives of about 7,680 individuals.
Over 60% of the YLP alumni network is now pushing for good governance and leadership in their areas and making important contributions throughout the country.
- A male or female undergraduate student at a Nigerian higher institution is eligible to apply.
- Between the ages of 18 and 30;
- Is committed to participating in the online course and is willing to coach others;
- Dedicated to community development and the betterment of others’ lives;
- familiar with the Sustainable Development Goals and keen to learn more about them;
- Volunteering and other types of active citizenship appeal to you;
- I’m interested in learning more about civic education, politics, and governance in Nigeria.
Application of Leap Africa Youth Leadership Program
- The first stage is the application. Fill out the registration form below to apply.
- Stage 2 – Online Training: For three weeks, all applicants are logged into the LEAP Africa Learning Management System to participate with the YLP Curriculum’s self-paced courses.
- Stage 3 – Virtual Community of Practice: Participants are invited to join a virtual community where they may exchange learning materials, program updates, and other opportunities for professional growth. Participants are also encouraged to communicate with one another in order to stimulate teamwork and information exchange.
- Stage 4: Screening and Mentoring: Applicants will be vetted based on their course completion rates. Only those who have finished all of the courses will be permitted to participate in the Live Mentorship Sessions.
- Stage 5: Pitch and Implementation of Change Projects: Applicants will be requested to establish teams of five people. Individuals who have enrolled for the YLP and completed the Online Training may only establish teams. These groups will present their unique solutions to societal challenges. These concepts must be in line with the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals. Selected teams will get subgrants to help them carry out Change Projects.
- Stage 6 – Program Wrap-Up: Participants/Teams will be assessed and acknowledged for their efforts over the Youth Leadership Program’s four months. Finally, successful participants join LEAP Africa’s Network of accomplished alumni who are thought leaders and professionals in a variety of fields.
TO Apply, Click Here
For More Information: Click on this Page
Deadline: November 24, 2021