The Lead 2030 Challenge for SDG 14 is now accepting applications.
This Challenge aims to encourage solutions that use innovative technology to minimize marine pollution, improve water quality, and promote biodiversity and the long-term viability of our natural marine ecosystems.
Young innovators are encouraged to submit ideas that solve at least one of the following:
- Reduce pollution in the sea.
- Restore and/or enhance the quality of the water.
- Restore and/or enhance marine ecosystem biodiversity.
The following will be awarded to the winning solution:
- Sponsorship for participation in the 2022 One Young World Summit
- Novartis has provided a $50,000 donation.
- A team of Novartis experts will coach you for 12 months.
- The mentoring team will strive to expedite your solution depending on your initiative’s or organization’s requirements, such as:
- Business strategy
- Best practices for data collection
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Product design
Lead 2030 Challenge for SDG 14 | Eligibility Criteria
- Solutions must be clearly connected with Novartis’s Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 14.
- An individual between the ages of 18 and 30 founded the company.
- A well-structured time range recognized important stakeholders and beneficiaries, and realistic and well-thought-out outcomes are all required.
- Product/service that is already on the market or is about to enter the market.
- Solutions must have a good societal effect, such as creating jobs or improving skills.
- The effects of solutions must be properly quantified and/or quantifiable. Solutions that allow for the quantification of plastic credits are ideal.
- It must be able to attain efficiency and self-sufficiency via the resources it generates and/or the investments and contributions it attracts.
- Possibility of performing similarly or better after broadening in scope or size and/or being moved to other places.
How to Apply for the Lead 2030 Challenge for SDG 14
Applications will be accepted until April 13, 2022. Candidates who have been shortlisted have been notified and encouraged to submit a second-round application on April 19, 2022.
To apply, please click here.
Deadline: April 13, 2022
Visit Lead2030 for more information.
Recommended for You