Kumamoto University MEXT Scholarship: Suitably eligible individuals are invited to apply for the MEXT Scholarship for Doctoral and Masters Students at Kumamoto University in Japan for the academic year 2022/23.
The Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship at Kumamoto Institution in Japan is aimed to assist overseas students with strong academic credentials who aspire to study in Japan and enroll in a postgraduate program at the host university.
Applicants who are interested in applying should do so before the application deadline.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Japanese Government (MEXT)
Scholarship Type: Partial Funding
Host Institution(s): Kumamoto University, Japan
Scholarship Level: Masters and PhD
Scholarship Worth: See Benefits (below)
Nationality: See Eligible Countries (below)
Kumamoto University MEXT Scholarship Requirements
To be eligible for the MEXT Scholarship 2022 for Postgraduate Studies at Kumamoto University:
- Applicants must possess excellent academic record in a 4-year undergraduate program and 2-year master’s program from an accredited institution in related fields.
- Applicants must have a nationality of a country specified by MEXT and will have a student visa when entering Japan.
- Applicants must be in good physical and mental health
- Applicants must have good English communication skills equivalent to or more than B2 level of CEFR.
- Applicants must be able to arrive in Japan between September 25 and October 8, 2021. When it is not possible, the travel expenses will not be paid.
- Eligible Subjects: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Biological Sciences, Environmental Conservation Engineering, Environmental Management and Planning, Architecture and Environment Planning, Building Materials and Structures, Advanced Mechanical Systems, Intelligent Mechanical Systems, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science and Communication Engineering, Frontier Technology for Energy and Devices, Human and Environmental Informatics, Applied Chemistry and Biochemistry, Materials Science and Engineering.
- Eligible Countries: Angola, Uganda, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Ghana, Cape Verde, Gabon, Cameroon, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Ivory Coast, Comoros, Republic of the Congo, Sao Tome and Principe, Zambia, Sierra Leone, Djibouti, Zimbabwe, Sudan, Eswatini, Seychelles, Equatorial Guinea, Senegal, Somalia, Tanzania, Chad, Central Africa, Togo, Nigeria, Namibia, Niger, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Benin, Botswana, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, South Africa, Mozambique, Mauritius, Mauritania, Liberia, Rwanda, Lesotho, South Sudan, Mongolia, Indonesia, Cambodia, Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Brunei, Vietnam, Malaysia, Myanmar, Laos, India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Afghanistan, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Israel, Iraq, Iran, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, Bahrain, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Algeria, Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco, Libya, United States of America, Argentina, Uruguay, Ecuador, Guyana, Colombia, Suriname, Chile, Paraguay, Brazil, Venezuela, Peru, Bolivia, Albania, Ukraine, Austria, Cyprus, Greece, Croatia, Switzerland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Hungary, Bulgaria, Poland, Macedonia, Liechtenstein, Romania, Serbia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belarus, Moldova, Russia.
Scholarship Benefits for Kumamoto University MEXT Scholarship
- Stipend of 145,000 yen per month
- Economy class travel to and from Japan.
Application for Kumamoto University MEXT Scholarship
How to Apply: Eligible candidates for the MEXT Scholarship 2022 at Kumamoto University for Postgraduate Studies should contact a potential supervisor at Kumamoto University and inquire whether they are eligible to apply for the MEXT scholarship under his or her supervision.
Applicants must send the appropriate documentation to the Academic/International Affairs Section through express postal mail before the application deadline after supervision has been obtained.
- Scholarship Application Form for the Japanese Government (MEXT)
- Study area and research strategy
- Certificate of Good Health
- In English, academic certifications and verified official transcripts
- English summaries of bachelor’s and master’s thesis
- Passport or formal citizenship document of the applicant
- A professor’s or a research supervisor’s letter of recommendation
- employer’s letter of approval
- If the applicant’s native language is not English, an official TOEFL, TOEIC, or IELTS score is required.
- When chosen for the scholarship, a letter of commitment to study at Kumamoto University.
Completed forms and documents are to be sent to:
Academic / International Affairs Section
Graduate School of Science and Technology
Email: gsst–[email protected]–u.ac.jp
Application Deadline: January 28, 2022
Click Here for More Details
Recommended for You: