Exceptional scholars from universities in the Global South are invited to apply for the KU Leuven Global Minds Doctoral Scholarships 2022/23, which will fund the right applicant to pursue four years of PhD research.
Excellent submissions dealing with a development-relevant research subject, particularly connected to one or more of the Sustainable Development Goals, will be considered for the scholarships.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): KU Leuven
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): KU Leuven
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship benefits (below)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (PhD)
Nationality: International students
KU Leuven Global Minds Doctoral Scholarships Requirement
Applicants must satisfy the following criteria to be eligible for the Global Minds Doctoral Scholarships:
- Applicants must be nationals of at least one of the countries on the list.
- The candidate’s most recent master’s degree must have been earned within the last ten years of October 1, 2022.
- The research project must be of high academic quality, with a particular emphasis on the proposal’s development significance.
- The research project must have a defined timeline that outlines how the study periods at KU Leuven and the home institution will alternate.
- A formal affiliation with a university in the candidate’s native country is required.
- Waiver of all tuition fees
- 100% of an assistant’s net compensation (about 2199 euro per month)
- Four economy-class round-trip tickets.
- Social security coverage in Belgium
- Insurance for health, professional liability, and accidents
- Allowance for supervision
Application for KU Leuven Global Minds Doctoral Scholarships
How to Apply: Applicants for the KU Leuven Global Minds Doctoral Scholarships 2022 must complete two separate applications.
To begin, the applicant must be accepted into a doctorate or predoctoral program.
Second, if admitted, the applicant is eligible to apply for the KU Leuven Global Minds Doctoral Scholarship.
A digital application form is used to submit applications.
- The Europass formatted CV of the applicant
- Using this format, create a candidate’s bibliography.
- CV of the local co-promoter
- The proposal for study (6 pages at the most)
- Two letters of reference from external, relevant referees.
Application Deadline: 29 April 2022 at 05.00 PM GMT.
Click Here for More Details
Recommended for You: