The Global Korea Scholarship is intended to provide international students with opportunities to pursue academic degrees at higher educational institutions in Korea, thereby enhancing international education exchange and deepening mutual friendship between Korea and participating countries.
As a result of the integration and branding of Korean government scholarship programs as Global Korea Scholarship, in 2010, the names were changed to GKS (Global Korea Scholarship)
The Korean government is inviting 125 international students from 67 countries to study in Korea for a bachelor’s degree.
Any candidate must successfully complete the first screening process provided by the Korean Embassy in his or her place of origin in order to be selected as a GKS recipient.
a round-trip flight Korean Language Training Fee, Settlement Allowance, Monthly Allowance Tuition, medical insurance, and Korean proficiency grants are all available. Grants for completing a degree.
Requirements for the Korean Government Scholarship Program
- Applicants who have graduated (or are likely to graduate) from high school are eligible to enroll for either a Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree program.
- Applicants who have completed (or are about to complete) an associate degree program are only eligible to apply for a bachelor’s degree program.
- Applicants who anticipate graduating by February 28, 2022 must first submit a certificate of anticipated graduation. By February 28th, 2022, the official degree certificate (or diploma) and final academic transcript must be presented to GKS Center, NIIED.
- If a scholar does not present his or her official degree certificate (or diploma) and final academic transcript by the deadline, his or her scholarship acceptance will be revoked. Any scholarship money given to the scholar (for example, airfare or a settlement stipend) must be repaid.
- All candidates must be citizens of one of the NIIED-designated nations invited to participate in the GKS initiative.
- All applicants, as well as their parents, must not be citizens of Korea. An applicant or his or her parent(s) who have dual citizenship (Korean citizenship plus citizenship of another nation) are ineligible to apply.
- Applicants and their parent(s) may or may not be citizens of the same country. The applicant’s parent(s) may be citizens of countries that do not participate in the GKS.
- Applicants and their parents who previously held Korean citizenship must submit evidence proving their citizenship renunciation.
- Track of Embassy: the starting date and time of the application will be set at the discretion of each embassy.
- University track: The date and deadline of the application will be chosen at the discretion of each university. The university track application is, however, open until 20 October.
- Applicants are required to check the precise application deadline with the Korean Embassies and selected colleges.
How to apply for the Korean Government Scholarship Program
- Only those universities/departments of study which are mentioned under the GKS Announcement post in the “University Information” file in the Korea Study website must be covered by applicants.
- The candidates to the Regional University Track can apply exclusively to departments specified in the fields of science, technology and engineering.
- This bursary does not include academic programs during the evenings (night school), short-term programs, online and remote education.
- Please be aware that even though the departments of a university to which you wish to apply for offer English-taught courses, this may vary depending on the circumstances. As a result, we strongly suggest you double-check with the university. Keep in mind that Korean is the primary language taught in all Korean universities.
Track of Embassy: the starting date and time of the application will be set at the discretion of each embassy.
University track: The date and deadline of the application will be chosen at the discretion of each university. The university track application is, however, open until 20 October.
Applicants are required to check the precise application deadline with the Korean Embassies and selected colleges.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Korean Government Scholarship Program 2022