For the academic year 2021/2022, Uppsala University in Sweden is accepting applications for the King Carl Gustaf Scholarship for International Students.
The King Carl Gustaf Scholarship is for students who live in risky and dangerous environments outside of Europe due to war.
Uppsala University is a research institution in Uppsala, Sweden. It was established in 1477 and is the oldest university in Sweden and the Nordic nations.
In worldwide rankings, it is among the finest universities in Northern Europe.
Some scholarships are only available to Master’s students applying to Uppsala University, while others are available to both Master’s and Bachelor’s students.
Some scholarships are accessible to all inhabitants of non-EU/EEA or Swiss nations, while others are exclusively open to citizens of certain countries.
RELATED: Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme at University of Debrecen 2022
Worth of Award for King Carl Gustaf Scholarship
- The scholarship will pay the entire cost of tuition for programs starting on August 30, 2021, for the current admission cycle.
- Living costs are not covered by the scholarship.
- You must be a citizen of one of the following countries: Afghanistan, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, DRC, India, Iraq, Libya, Mali, Mexico, Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan, Syria, and Yemen.
- You must demonstrate why you are especially vulnerable and hence in need of Uppsala University’s educational environment, as well as that you possess the necessary academic potential.
- Only a Master’s program at Uppsala University may be given a King Carl Gustaf scholarship if it is selected as the first preference (the program which you have ranked the highest of the four programs you can choose at University Admissions).
- Before the University Admissions deadline, you must have applied for the Master’s program.
- You must fulfill the admissions standards for the program to which you have applied. Before the deadline, University Admissions must receive your application fee and any supporting documentation.
How to Apply for King Carl Gustaf Scholarship
To apply for Uppsala University’s scholarships;
- Between 16 October 2021 and 15 January 2022, you must apply for one of Uppsala University’s foreign Bachelor’s and Master’s Programs through the website www.universityadmissions.se.
- On the website, you may learn more about the application procedure.
- To be eligible for a scholarship, you must apply for the Program within the international application period and submit it on time.
- You must submit two applications: one for a Bachelor’s or Master’s program and another for a scholarship.
- You will not be eligible for the Uppsala University scholarships if your application is judged late.
Deadline: Application closes January 15, 2022
Click here for more details and to apply