The Kenyan Drone Business Competition 2022 is officially accepting applications.
The Kenyan Drone Business Competition 2022 aims to foster innovation and refine entrepreneurial abilities among Kenyan early-stage technology entrepreneurs with a passion for drones.
Competitors may apply to be one of 25 Entrepreneurs chosen to attend a 5-day virtual boot camp at The Global Air Drone Academy, where they will be able to design and present their drone company concept while learning about the drone industry from seasoned drones experts (GADA).
Following the virtual Bootcamp, judges will choose 10 finalists who will be flown to Nairobi for a 2-day practical training. Finalists will get hands-on drone instruction on day one, and on day two, they will present their drone company concept live to a panel of judges.
The KDBC 2022 prize will be awarded to three (3) winners.
This thorough course will educate aspiring entrepreneurs on how to apply this new technology to real-world problems, how to develop and propose a business concept, how to securely operate and fly a drone, and how to promote their enterprise in 2022 and beyond.
- The Top 3 Winners of the #KenyanDBC will receive a scholarship to a KCAA-approved drone training program as well as business coaching to help them launch their new business as part of Kenya Flying Lab’s drone business accelerator program, which includes access to and training on other drone platforms and sensors from Kenya Flying Labs based on the winners’ final submission and use case requirements.
Kenyan Drone Business Competition Requirements
- The applicant must be between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Must be a Kenyan citizen and a present (as of submission date) resident.
- If chosen as one of the Top 25 Entrepreneurs, you must be able to participate in a 5-DAY Virtual Training (2 hours each day) if you are selected.
- If chosen as a Top 10 finalist, you must be able to attend a 2-DAY In-Person Training in Nairobi (reasonable travel, housing, and meals will be provided);
- If chosen as the winner, you must agree to join Kenya Flying Lab’s drone business accelerator program.
Each submission will be evaluated on:
- Societal economic benefits
Application for Kenyan Drone Business Competition
The first round of the tournament will be conducted electronically using Zoom.
The top ten finalists will be flown to Nairobi for a two-day session at a nearby hotel.
Finalists are expected to arrive on Wednesday, March 2nd, and leave on Saturday, March 5th.
To Apply, Click Here
For More Information: Visit this Page
Deadline: January 16, 2022
Recommended for You: