The Keeling Curve Prize 2022 is now accepting applications. They seek for and finance the greatest climate solutions the globe has to offer every year.
Their objective is to make the Keeling Curve bend in their favor.
To that aim, the group is searching for initiatives that have a track record of reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
They’ve created five categories, each of which focuses on a different aspect of climate innovation:
- Carbon Sinks (Natural & Engineered): Projects in this category are working to advance technical and natural-based solutions for collecting and/or using heat-trapping gases from the air or seas.
- Energy: Projects in this category help to decarbonize energy, promote zero-carbon energy technologies, and improve the supply, distribution, and access to low- and zero-carbon energy systems throughout the globe.
- Finance: Projects in this area make financial and economic systems work for greenhouse gas reduction and/or reversal projects.
- Social and Cultural Pathways: Projects in this area are transforming how people think about, comprehend, and act about human effects on the earth. They’re attempting to address the issue of what it takes to evolve socially and culturally beyond fossil fuels.
- Transportation & Mobility: Projects in this area reimagine and reinvent all forms of vehicles, fuels, and mobility alternatives for people and goods. The carbon impact of the vehicles and the routes they travel will be addressed in these initiatives.
Keeling Curve Prize 2022
Every year, they give $25,000 to two projects in each category.
The Keeling Curve Prize | Eligibility Criteria
- They accept submissions for ongoing initiatives or programs from all across the globe.
- Only existing programs and initiatives are eligible for the Keeling Curve Prize. Applications based on previous work, unproven theories, or unimplemented concepts will not be considered.
- All applications must be written in the English language. Applications submitted in a language other than English will be rejected.
- It’s possible that your project will fit into more than one award category.
- You must pick a priority category for your entry on the application form, but you may also include other categories for consideration.
- In any given year, however, candidates are only eligible to win in one category.
Applicants who did not earn an award the previous year are encouraged to apply again the following year.
- Previous prize winners are eligible to apply for new projects that are distinct from the ones that were previously awarded and employ different technologies and tactics to decrease or boost greenhouse gas emissions uptake.
How to Apply for the Keeling Curve Prize 2022
Your application must be completed and submitted before this time, and before the maximum of 500 applications is reached, in order to be considered.
Deadline for application: February 10, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. GMT.
To apply, go to this link.
Visit the Keeling Curve Prize website for more details.
Recommended for You