This is to inform all interested applicants that the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award at the University of British Columbia is ongoing.
The scholarship recognizes international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement and leadership skills.
However, the applicant must have involvement in student affairs and community service that made him/her an exemption.
You are also expected to have a recognized achievement in fields of endeavor such as the performing arts, sports, debating or creative writing, or external academic competitions and examinations.
If you are successfully selected for the scholarship award in Canada.
As a winner, you will receive awards proportional to financial need.
Financial need is determined by tuition, fees, and living costs.
The scholarship award organization also considered the financial contribution you and your family can make annually.
A standard needs-assessment is based on the financial information provided by you and your family.
However, the applicant can have the scholarship award renewed up to three additional years of undergraduate study.
If the organization sees that you won’t be able to support or sponsor yourself through your bachelor’s degree program.
Then you will receive the scholarship award for the duration of your study.
Which of those that are decided for you.
Your award may be renewed provided you achieve satisfactory academic standing in your faculty.
Students are encouraged to continue demonstrating financial need and maintain your Canadian study permit (student visa).
For you to be eligible for this scholarship in Canada, the applicant must meet the following requirement.
- You must be an international student.
- Ready to take a bachelor’s degree program in Canada.
- Must have a Canadian study permit.
- You must be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, college, or another university.
- Must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- You must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements.
- Have your English Language Admission Standard.
- You must demonstrate superior academic achievement (at least an average or equivalent standard).
- Must have demonstrated a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
Eligible Courses: All bachelor degree programs
Eligible Countries: International Students
Scholarship Worth: It’s provided based on your financial need for tuition, fees, and living costs.
How to Apply
To submit your application for the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award.
The applicant is to follow these procedures;
- Start and finish your online application for admission to UBC
- Submit your application for the Award here.
- You must meet the UBC English Language Admission Requirement.
All your applications must be completed on or before 1 December 2020.
You are required to meet the UBC English proficiency examination score before 31 January 2021.
For more information, kindly visit the official scholarship website for more details.
- 20 Scholarships in Canada | Canadian Scholarships
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for International Science Students in 2021
- Rotary Organization Global Scholarship for International Students in 2021
- Korean Government Scholarships for Developing Countries in 2021
- Sexual & Reproductive Rights Scholarship At University of Pretoria 2021
- MasterCard Scholarships At McGill University – Canada 2021