The JPI Oceans Art and Photo Awards 2022 are now accepting applications.
The Joint Programming Initiative Healthy and Productive Seas and Oceans (JPI Oceans), which is celebrating its tenth anniversary, has launched a picture and art competition to honor our marine ecosystem and the scientists who are working diligently to understand it.
Art and photography are critical in bridging the emotional divide between civilization and the ocean.
JPI Oceans hopes that the Art & Photo Awards will help to strengthen the role of both media in addressing the problem of talking about the environment that covers the majority of our world.
As a result, they encourage submissions that address the three interrelated JPI Oceans priority areas of Ocean Health, Ocean Productivity, and Ocean Stewardship & Governance.
Award for JPI Oceans Art and Photo Awards
The competition is divided into two parts: an open competition and a competition for JPI Oceans projects.
A top three will be chosen for each category, with the winner receiving a €1,000 reward.
The two runners-up will get a reward of €500 each. All types of photography and art are welcome to enter.
The winning images will be displayed prominently in the JPI Oceans headquarters, shared through all JPI Oceans communication channels, and utilized at external events.
The winning submissions of the Photo and Art competitions will be featured in the next Spring edition of ECO Magazine and will have a longer exposure on the ECO website, thanks to cooperation with ECO Magazine.
JPI Oceans Art and Photo Awards Requirement
- All types of photography and art are welcome to enter.
- Anyone with visual artwork is allowed to enter the open competition. The sole stipulation is that the artwork must in some way or form reflect or reference at least one of JPI Oceans’ three interrelated focus areas: Ocean Health, Ocean Productivity, and Ocean Stewardship & Governance.
- All participants from ongoing or finished JPI Oceans projects are invited to contribute their artwork in the JPI Oceans project competition. Any activity related to the JPI Oceans project on which the participant is or was working may be shown in the artwork.
The photos will be evaluated by a panel of three jury members based on the following criteria:
- Creativity and originality;
- Technical quality
- Aesthetics and artistic realization;
- Relevance and potential impact
Application for JPI Oceans Art and Photo Awards
To Apply, Click Here
For More Information: Visit this Page
Deadline: January 10, 2022
Recommended for You: