The James-Watt Scholarship Program for 2022 is now accepting applications.
The James-Watt fellowship program at Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh, UK, is offering a fully financed Ph.D. opportunity to create data-driven and data science methodologies for decarbonizing electricity and water systems.
It is commonly known that the Built Environment accounts for over 40% of all global carbon emissions, with energy and water use accounting for a large amount of this.
As a result, there are several chances to assist in correcting this situation and provide substantial results to promote the construction sector’s decarbonization.
The fundamental physics of heat dissipation and water flow in buildings, as well as the analysis of related demand patterns and accompanying data utilizing Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) approach, are the focus of this study.
Statistical and deep learning approaches will be utilized to determine the best strategy for facilitating analysis, allowing for better decision-making and defining improved routes to Net Zero energy and water use in buildings.
The effort will compare engineering and simulation-based forecasts of water and energy usage, as well as create and evaluate acceptable approaches.
The study will concentrate on consumption at the building scale, but they envision a future interaction with demand models at the city scale.
- Scholarships will cover tuition costs and give an annual stipend of about £15,609 for the length of the project and are open to candidates from the United Kingdom, the European Union, and other countries.
James-Watt Scholarship Requirements
- Applicants must have a first-class honours degree in a related discipline or a 2.1 honours degree plus a master’s degree (or equivalent experience).
- A Master’s degree in Engineering, Statistics, Data Science, or a comparable quantitative subject is required of applicants.
- An grasp of how to apply deep learning approaches to engineering issues, prior experience dealing with energy and water demand, and/or knowledge of building performance trends would be advantageous.
- The selected applicant will also be expected to collaborate closely with high-profile external organizations that will give access to vital data.
- Python and R coding talents are highly sought for.
Application for James-Watt Scholarship
- Fill out the online application. On your application, choose PhD program Construction and give the project reference, title, and supervisor names. Your application may not be evaluated if these facts are not supplied. It should be noted that candidates are only allowed to submit ONE proposal.
- Upload a supporting statement describing how you would approach the study to the online application’s research proposal area. A CV, a copy of your degree certificate(s), and any applicable transcripts will be needed to be uploaded (s). You may also include an academic reference to your application to help it stand out.
- You must demonstrate your English language proficiency (if English is not your mother tongue or if you have not already studied for a degree that was taught in English). They demand an IELTS certificate with a minimum score of 6.5 overall and no component below 6.0, or a TOEFL certificate with a minimum score of 90 points.
To Apply, Click Here
For More information: Visit this Page
Deadline: January 31, 2022
Recommended for you: