IVolunteer International invites applications for the IVolunteer International Writers’ Council Fellowship for Volunteer Writers in the USA in 2022.
The Writers’ Council is a program that teaches leadership skills and empowers activists.
It is made up of volunteer writers who will keep the organization’s official blog lively by sharing tales on capacity building, human rights and security, sustainable development objectives, research and opinion, women and youth, and volunteer experiences.
Worth of Award
- Training in the use of WordPress, academic writing, blog writing, and general journalistic ethics, as well as criticism on each piece for growth.
- Monthly professional development seminars from professionals in diverse disciplines are offered via Zoom.
- At the conclusion of the volunteer time, you will get a letter of reference.
- A personal portfolio of your published articles hosted on your own domain.
- The chance to network with high-ranking officials from across the globe and attend special partner events.
- Experience running a nonprofit organization from the ground up as well as public service.
- A chance to put your journalism and writing/reporting talents to the test.
- The capacity, position, and power to speak for others who have no voice.
IVolunteer International Writers’ Council Fellowship Requirements
- Recognize IVolunteer International’s and the Writer’s Council’s vision and goal.
- Proven track of civic participation, activism, and leadership in the community.
- As of January 10, 2022, applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Have good communication skills (reliability, reaction time) and access to tools like Slack and Zoom, as well as dependable internet connectivity to utilize other applications like email, Google Drive, and so on.
- Have some Google Drive, Google Documents, WordPress, and Microsoft Office experience and expertise.
- Possess the ability to write and publish articles on WordPress (training will be provided).
- Possess a strong grasp of the English language, both in writing and speech.
- A demonstrated desire to fulfill deadlines and the capacity to do so.
- To work in a team, you must have fundamental soft skills and leadership abilities.
- Have enough time and a desire to dedicate yourself to the program’s aims and objectives.
As a fellow, you will
- Work with your allocated Editor to help the Writers’ Council and the blog accomplish its goals.
- Be able to cover local events and conduct interviews with activists and advocates as needed.
- Publish four articles every month at the very least (1 article per week).
- Attend virtual meetings on a biweekly and/or monthly basis.
- Attend professional development seminars on a biweekly or monthly basis.
How to Apply for IVolunteer International Writers’ Council Fellowship
All applications for the IVolunteer International Writers’ Council Fellowship should be made online via the official website.
IVolunteer International Writers’ Council Fellowship Deadline
Deadline: The application deadline is November 30, 2021, at 10:00a Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Click Here for More Details
Recommended for You: