The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) Office for Africa has issued a call for new members of the Generation Connect – Africa Group (GC-AFR), which is part of the global initiative “Generation Connect,” which aims to engage global youth and encourage their participation as equal partners alongside today’s digital change leaders.
GC-AFR provides a virtual platform for African youth to discuss opportunities and challenges related to digital technologies in Africa. Youth will be able to share their interests, concerns, and perspectives on digital transformation with the ITU Membership through this platform, particularly in the context of the upcoming World Telecommunication Development Conference 2022 (WTDC-22) and the Generation Connect Global Youth Summit in 2022.
This initiative was launched in November 2020 as part of the ITU Youth Strategy, which aims to improve and have a real impact on the lives of young people all over the world, as well as ensure meaningful participation of youth in ITU as key stakeholders in the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Requirements for the ITU Generation Connect
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 25 and a citizen of an African country.
- Have an interest in digital technologies and digital transformation, as well as experience and knowledge in the application of digital solutions in areas such as education, health, civic participation, and other public services;
- Have excellent communication, analytical, and writing abilities;
- Have the ability to work in a team remotely; Have a good command of the English or French language.
- It would be advantageous if you were interested in and/or had experience and knowledge in the field of international cooperation, as well as being active in a national or regional youth organization in African countries.
How to Apply for the ITU Generation Connect
Young Africans are encouraged to apply online before the deadline of March 6, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. Addis Ababa time. By March 11, 2022, the group’s composition will be announced after a thorough review of all applications.
To apply, go to this link.
Visit Generation Connect – AFRICA Group for more information.
Recommended for You