The (International Mathematics Union) IMU-Simons African Fellowship Program in Mathematical Research is currently accepting applications for scientists in Africa who are doing mathematical research.
The Fellowship aims to provide research sabbaticals for mathematicians from African nations who want to collaborate on research at a globally recognized mathematical center of excellence.
The Simons Foundation in New York, USA, funds the IMU-Simons African Fellowship, which aims to push the boundaries of research in mathematics and the fundamental sciences.
They fund a variety of science-related activities, including awards in mathematics and physical sciences.
Company/Organization: Simons Foundation
Program Type: Graduate Fellowship
Program Location: Worldwide
Program Duration: Not specified
Available Slots: Several
Study Level: Researchers
Minimum Qualification: PhD
Nationality: See Eligible countries (below)
IMU-Simons African Fellowship Requirements
To be considered for the IMU-Simons African Fellowship Program for Mathematical Research, you must meet the following criteria:
- A recognized doctorate degree (PhD) in mathematics is required.
- The applicant must be based in an African developing nation (place of employment).
- The applicant must work as a mathematician at a university or similar higher education institution’s faculty.
- The applicant should have previously made contact with a mathematician at the host university at a mathematical center of excellence anywhere in the globe, as well as a specific research goal.
- The applicant should have received permission from his or her home institution to take a leave of absence for the duration of the visit.
- The application must also be supported by an official letter of invitation from the host school, stating the duration of the (short) research visit as well as the financial commitment and assistance of the host university.
- Eligible countries: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, D.R. Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Togo, Tunisia, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zanzibar, Zimbabwe.
Application for IMU-Simons African Fellowship
How to Apply: Interested candidates should fill out the online application by following the steps outlined below:
- Please complete and submit the IMU-Simons Programs online application form.
- Upload all required documents (two CVs: one for the host and one for the applicant, a detailed research plan, an invitation letter from the host institution, a letter from the home institution, and a tentative budget in USD) to the Online Application Form as a single PDF.
- For our website, we need a photo of you (upload separately to the Online Application Form).
Application Deadline: The application will run until 1st October 2022
Click Here for More Details
Recommended for You: