IBM Research Internship Program 2022. Scientists at IBM Research are predicting the future of AI, making quantum computing advances, figuring out how blockchain will transform the workplace, and much more.
Join a team devoted to using science to solve some of today’s most difficult problems, whether it’s finding new methods for physicians to aid patients, collaborating with environmentalists to clean up our rivers, or allowing merchants to customize customer care.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Be a South African Citizen.
- • Member of designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act.
- • Registered at a recognised university in one of the aforementioned fields of study.
- • Demonstrable academic research proficiency based on the scientific method.
- • Working knowledge of popular and current machine learning methods and implementation techniques.
- • Experience in application programming notably for mobile and web-based applications, development of web APIs, and user experience design for a variety of platforms.
- • The candidate should be comfortable applying their knowledge and expertise in different domains and partnering with domain experts.
Any accredited MSc, MEng, or Ph.D. candidate working in the following fields at the time of submission is eligible for the internship: Computer Science; Data Science; Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering; Genomics; Industrial Engineering; Physics; Service Science; Statistics
Applicants for IBM Research Internship Programs should meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in a Ph.D program from an accredited university in quantitative fields such as Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Physics, Information Systems
- Demonstrable interest and experience on researching and implementing robust AI / ML pipelines. Exposure to forecasting and climate science concepts is a plus.
- 4 years coding experience with the scientific and ML Python stack (sklearn, numpy, scipy, pandas, matplotlib, etc.). Exposure to deep-learning Python libraries such as tensorflow, pytorch is a plus.
IBM Research Africa is searching for a Ph.D.-level intern to join their Future of Climate Research group, which is looking at potential climate change mitigation and adaptation measures.
This one-of-a-kind role will allow you to collaborate with developers and researchers in Nairobi, Kenya, as well as hundreds of worldwide researchers in the world’s biggest industrial research lab.
The goal of this internship is to investigate new approaches to describing severe weather indications.
While several indices have been presented in the literature, universal indicators for low-to-medium skill anticipated weather are challenging to establish since they are industry-sector specific and rely on spatiotemporal areas of interest.
IBM Research Internship Program 2022
Visit the official Website of the IBM Research Internship Program
Recommded for You