The Hatfield Lioness Scholarship is open to female Masters students at the University of Durham in the United Kingdom for the academic year 2022/23.
It’s worth noting that the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship’s goal is to provide a female student from a poor country with restricted access to higher education with the opportunity to pursue postgraduate studies at the University of Durham.
The award was established as part of Hatfield College’s 30th-anniversary celebration of female students, and it is supported by alumni, friends of the College, and other sources who support the program’s goals.
Hatfield College hopes to award the Lioness Scholarship to someone who possesses the academic and personal qualities necessary to complete and benefit from a postgraduate course, as well as someone who will act as a positive ambassador for their home country in Durham, applying their enhanced knowledge and skills gained from the master’s program and experience in Durham to the benefit of their society when they return home.
Worth of Scholarship
The scholarship will cover the following expenses:
- Tuition fees at the university have been paid in full.
- 4 quarterly disbursements of a stipend for living costs
- One round-trip economy airline ticket from the home country to the UK, as well as the cost of round-trip transportation from the UK airport to Durham City.
- Hatfield College offers a fully subsidized, self-catered single room in mixed accommodation.
- On arrival, “settling in allowance” is provided.
- The cost of obtaining a UK visa as well as the UK Health Surcharge.
Requirements for the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship
Applicants must meet the following criteria in order to be considered for this scholarship:
- By the end of June 2022, they will have applied for and been given an unconditional spot in their desired master’s program.
- They must not be receiving any other scholarship to pay for their postgraduate education, and they must not have already earned a degree in the United Kingdom.
- Be a woman.
Applicants should, in a similar spirit,
- have a relevant honors degree of sufficient caliber to be accepted to the Master’s program of your choice; and
- having completed all other course prerequisites, including the required English language proficiency;
- not be a Master’s degree holder; and
- not have the financial resources to pursue a Master’s degree in the United Kingdom.
For more information or guidance, please contact:
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +44(0) 191 334 2603
Deadline for application: March 31, 2022.
Click here for more information and to apply.
Recommended for You