According to the requirements, the government of Mauritius awards scholarships to eligible students who are nationals of the African Union or African Commonwealth member nations (below).
The application period for the government of Mauritius’s African scholarships for 2022 is now open.
During their studies in Mauritius, the Scholarship will assist selected applicants in paying their tuition fees and contributing to their living costs.
Furthermore, the scholarship includes a return flight on the most cost-effective route.
This will be valid for travel from the country of origin at the start of the studies and back to the country of origin when the studies have been completed successfully.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The Government of Mauritius
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
Host Institution(s): The Government of Mauritius
Scholarship Worth: Full Funding (Amount not stated)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
Nationality: International Students
Government of Mauritius Scholarships Requirement
- Applicants for undergraduate programs must be at least 18 years old and not have reached their 26th birthday by August 22, 2022.
- By August 22, 2022, candidates for Master’s programs should not have reached the age of 35, and applicants for PhD programs should not have reached the age of 40.
- Applicants must have applied for a full-time on-campus program (Diploma, Degree, Master’s, or PhD) at a public Higher Education Institution in Mauritius (mentioned in Section 8 of the relevant Guidelines for Applicants) for the academic year beginning in 2022.
- The scholarship will last for the maximum amount of time given in the table below, or for the minimum amount of time indicated in the course description, whichever is less.
- Three (3) years for a bachelor’s degree
- Bachelor’s Degree: four (4) years
- 2 years for a master’s degree
- MPhil / PhD: Four (4) years plus six (6) months for the MPhil to PhD transition.
- Three (3) years for a PhD.
Application for Government of Mauritius Scholarships
How to Apply: Scholarship applications for the Government of Mauritius must be filed online.
The papers listed below may be downloaded from the websites http://education.govmu.org and http://highereducationmauritius.com.
- Applicants’ Instructions: This paper provides vital information on the scholarship’s terms and circumstances, the application process, and a list of public Mauritius Higher Education Institutions that offer full-time on-campus study.
- (Applicants are encouraged to fill out the form online before printing it): Only the completed application form may be used to apply for the scholarship. The Nominating Agency in the applicant’s country of citizenship should approve and complete Section 5 of the application form.
For a final selection, applications should be sent to the Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology of the Republic of Mauritius at the address shown below, together with any relevant supporting papers.
The Senior Chief Executive, Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology (Attn: Tertiary Education and Scientific Research Division) Level 2, MITD House, Pont Fer, Phoenix 73544. Republic of Mauritius (Email: [email protected])
Application Deadline: 28 February and 15, August 2022
Click Here for More Details
Recommended for You: