The Gordon N Fisher JHR Journalism Fellowship Program in Canada in 2022 is being offered by Massey College at the University of Toronto.
Fellows may pick from a variety of academic courses and activities as part of this program.
They may audit any graduate or undergraduate course they choose, and they have access to all of the University’s resources.
It may surprise you to learn that there are no educational requirements for a position as a
Fellows do not get academic credit or degrees for work completed throughout the academic year.
Worth of Award
The Fellowship underwrites:
- an eight-month stipend that will cover the selected applicant’s salary as well as any program-related expenses. The first monthly installment will begin in late September and terminate in late April;
- university tuition in their whole;
- travel costs for the Fellow up to the cost of an economy flight to and from Toronto;
- Expenses for scheduled excursions throughout the course of the program;
- a stipend for winter apparel;
Gordon N Fisher JHR Journalism Fellowship Requirements
Candidates must meet the following criteria to be considered for this fellowship:
- having worked in the media for 5 years
- be employed full-time as a reporter or editor for a newspaper, radio station, television station, magazine, or news service. Freelance journalists who have continuously worked in the media for the last eight years will also be considered.
- have an understanding of the English language
- three letters of recommendation
- make a declaration of intent
- make a suggestion for a research plan
How to Apply for Gordon N Fisher JHR Journalism Fellowship
All applications should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: The application deadline for the Fellowship is January 31, 2022.
Recommended for You: