The Gordon F Henderson Postdoctoral Scholarship 2022 is currently accepting applications.
A researcher with a bright and unique research project is eligible for the Gordon F. Henderson Postdoctoral Scholarship.
The topic must fall within the mission of the University of Ottawa’s Human Rights Research and Education Centre (HRREC), and the researcher will benefit from working on it there. Approaches to the proposed research endeavor that are multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary will be preferred.
The CAD$42,000 stipend will be given according to conditions agreed upon between the Postdoctoral fellow and the HRREC.
Gordon F Henderson Postdoctoral Scholarship | Eligibility Criteria
- Both Canadian citizens and non-citizens are welcome to apply.
- Foreign applicants must establish that they are likely to be granted permission to stay in Canada for a year.
- Candidates must have completed a PhD degree within the last five years of December 31, 2022, and have submitted their thesis by April 30, 2022. This competition is not open to candidates who have received their doctorate from the University of Ottawa or via a dual degree program with the University of Ottawa.
- Accepts the scholarship and agrees to work at the HRREC for the duration of the scholarship;
- Agrees to contribute to the HRREC’s growth and academic activities by doing original research that is different from the research he or she has done before.
- The Gordon F. Henderson Postdoctoral Fellowship requires the awardee to work at the HRREC on a full-time basis.
- The Gordon F. Henderson Postdoctoral Fellowship does not pay the recipient’s travel expenses (to Ottawa or back to the Fellow’s home country).
How to Apply for the Gordon F Henderson Postdoctoral Scholarship
The following papers (in English or French) should be sent to Viviana Fernandez, Assistant Director of the HRREC, at [email protected]:
- a brief cover letter
- a current curriculum vitae;
- a five-page synopsis of his or her PhD dissertation
- The thesis examination committee’s written remarks;
- two endorsement letters;
- A five-page study proposal outlining the Postdoctoral project, its goals, and expected outcomes.
Deadline: May 31, 2022
Visit Gordon F. Henderson Postdoctoral Scholarship for more information.
Recommended for You