The GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize 2022 is now accepting applications.
The GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize Competition has returned to support food warriors working to change Africa’s food system. Are you ready to succeed as an agri-food business owner? Then boost your creativity.
The GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize is a fantastic opportunity for young African agripreneurs to expand their business. The competition also provides top agripreneurs with the chance to attend the annual African Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) and make their mark, in addition to the US$50,000 prize. This year, if COVID constraints do not prevent it, the leading Gogettaz agripreneurs will attend the AGRF Summit in Kigali, Rwanda. Mentorship, programming connections, and guidance will be provided to all finalists to help them continue their entrepreneurial journey.
- For the most innovative and scalable business ventures, two entrepreneurs, one woman, and one man will each win $50,000.
GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize | Eligibility Criteria
- The entrepreneur is under the age of 35 at the time of competition submission and is legally recognized as an adult in the country of nationality;
- The entrepreneur is a citizen of an African Union member country (as shown by a valid ID);
- The entrepreneur is the founder/co-founder of the enterprise that he/she represents in the competition and is involved in its operations and leadership.
- If required, the entrepreneur will produce a signed statement stating that he or she has no criminal record connected to corruption, tax evasion, financial impropriety, crime, or other offense.
- The venture is already legally registered in an African Union member nation or will begin the process of registering such a legal entity before July 1, 2022;
- The venture is based in a member nation of the African Union;
- Venture is intended to be financially self-sustaining, whether as a for-profit firm or as a non-profit organization that generates some money and does not rely on donor support;
- Through an invention or process improvement, a Venture contributes to the agri-food sector’s growth and/or helps the agri-food sector’s development.
Businesses in the agri-food industry may be defined businesses including:
- Agri-food research & development
- Primary food production (farming)
- Crop nutrition
- Mechanization, automation, or robotics, including drones
- Crop protection
- Hydroponics or urban farming
- Transport, distribution, storage, or logistics
- Food processing
- Packaging or marketing
- Food retail or service
- Waste management or recycling
- Digital or technology solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Innovative finance solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Renewable energy or environmental solutions/services to the agri-food sector
All applications will be reviewed by an expert jury who will take into account the following criteria:
- Innovation (20%)
- Market potential and traction (20%)
- Social and Environmental Impact (20%)
- Business model (20%)
- Founder and team (20%)
How to Apply for the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize
Questions on the application include:
- “Give an example of your entrepreneurial mindset.”
- “How does your venture make money?”
- “Who are your main customers?”
- “Who are your main competitors?”
- “What are your biggest business challenges so far and how have you overcome them?”
To be considered, applicants must complete each element of the application. Make sure you give yourself enough time to finish all of the sections.
Applicants that go through the preliminary phase will be requested to produce a three-minute pitch video, in which you can demonstrate to the judges why they deserve to compete in the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize Competition finals in 2022.
To apply, go to this link.
Deadline: June 6, 2022
Visit GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize for more details.
Recommended for You