HawkWatch International is accepting proposals for the Global Raptor Research & Conservation Grant, which will be awarded in 2022 in the United States.
The Worldwide Raptor Research & Conservation Grant from HawkWatch International (HWI) funds programs that address global raptor issues.
The project seeks to improve conservation variety and inclusion while also strengthening local competence.
Worth of Award
Applicants may apply for up to $2,500 USD in funding, and several applicants may be rewarded. Prior award winners may be eligible for further funding if all reporting criteria are completed.
In addition to financial assistance, HWI will assist successful applicants by giving scientific advice, networking opportunities, and publicizing project outcomes as requested by the awardee.
Global Raptor Research & Conservation Grant Requirements
The Raptor Research and Conservation Grant are intended to support programs that:
- Located in countries with high importance for raptor study and conservation, such as Latin America, Sub-Saharan Africa, and Southeast Asia, as well as several island nations;
- Focused on a particular raptor species that has been identified as a high priority for study and conservation;
- An applicant who is a nation citizen and is affiliated with a recognized NGO and/or university in the country where the project will take place shall lead the project.
Preference will be given to projects that:
- occur in nations with a low level of GDP;
- Focus on raptor species with a higher priority (RCPI >= 0.5);
- Focus on knowledge gaps (research) or practical conservation activities (or both);
- Applicants who have proved a financial necessity participate;
- The maximum financing ($2,500) will account for a large chunk of the entire budget (50 percent or more).
How to Apply for Global Raptor Research & Conservation Grant
All grant applications must be submitted online via the official website.
Deadline: The deadline for application is December 31, 2021.
Click Here for More Details
Recommended for You: